• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. I

Need help when use isa-to-usb card in IBM 5160!

This is a quick view of the progress to solve my problem. When I first received this isa usb adapter,my XT 5160 can not pass the POST test."Press CTL TO start E-DISK" is printed because the rom bios failed to detect CTL key pressed.F6400 ROM ... is printed is because of the wrong address decoder...
  2. I

The boot bios is quite simple,it's 8086 instructions compatible.When it's been called by system bios as option rom, it replace the int 13h and int 19h with its own routines. NEW_INT13H emulates hard disk with usb flash drive. I think it is where the incompatible problems come from. Some...
  3. I

Finally I found a USB disk can make a little difference .When I look through the bios soucecode,I found a CHSTOLBA function,in which the writer assume the disk has 0x20 sectors per track,and 0x40 headers.So I tweaked a usb disk to that CHS parameters,then convert the disk to zip mode,and format...
  4. I

Thank you modem7,Things are getting more clearer ,I reproduce the same error in an IBM XT emulator called "PCE". I load the CH375ROM.BIN at 0xd8000,it's can be done with cfg file. I test two xt bios:ibm-xt-1986-05-09.rom/ibm-xt-1982-11-08.rom. ibm-xt-1986-05-09.rom didn't produce xxxxx ROM,as...
  5. I

I make a phone call to the ch375 technology support,He claims an interesting thing. In the picture below the line "Press CTRL to start E-DISK" is printed by the card bios as he said. So the bios rom is called by system,but the card can't recognize the usb disk. I'm confused now,If this line is...
  6. I

I bought a ch375 based 8bit isa to usb card,the card has a bios rom,the readme.txt come with the card said you can boot from usb stick instead of noisy hard ,but when i plug the card in my 5160 and power on,POST memory check will stop upto 096KB(5160 actually has 256KB memory),then boot to hard...
  7. I

What kind of glue can be used to stick the little crack of IBM 5153 monitor?

Recently I recived a IBM 5153 CGA monitor,but there is a little crack in it's right-up corner. I hope to stick it perfectly with no vestige. Does anyone konw the ingredient of this plastic case,and what kind of glue shoud I use? thanks.
Back