• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Which versions of DOS and Windows are in these sealed packages?

I have these two sealed packages with OEM versions of MS-DOS and Windows. The left package says Microsoft Windows for Workgroups and MS-DOS 6.2. Does anybody know what version of Windows this actually is? Windows 3.1 or Windows 3.11? I would also like to know what MS-DOS version of right...
  2. J

text editor/word processor for TI-99/4A

Are there any text editors or word processors for the TI-99/4A on tape? I tried to find something to put on a tape, because I don't have a disk drive, but I haven't found anything yet.
  3. J

Video output on Oric 1

I am about to receive an Oric-1 which has RGB video and RF output. The problem is that I do not have a monitor that accepts RGB input and I do not have a tv with scart or rf input. I do have a commodore monitor with composite in. Does anybody know if there is a composite signal somewhere inside...
  4. J

What kind of Kaypro model do I have?

I just got a Kaypro 2(I guess), but noticed that there are quite number of models and that numbering is strange. On the case it says "Kaypro 2" (not Kaypro II). The motherboard has label that says "PC81-240A" and it contains the roms 81-146 and 81-232 from 1983. Furthermore, it has 2 full height...
  5. J

Dual booting DOS 3.3 and CP/M-86

I installed CP/M-86 on the first partition of my IBM 5155 and DOS on the second partition. Right now I can choose which OS to boot next time by setting the active partition in fdisk/hdmaint. Can I install a boot manager on this computer that will allow me to choose which OS to boot during startup?
  6. J

Broken IBM P70

I wanted to buy an IBM P70 that was advertised as working and according to the owner and the pictures it did work, but when I arrived at his house to buy the IBM P70, it didn't boot anymore. Because of this, I could take it home for 10 euro's, so I took the risk and bought it. The plasma display...
  7. J

Applications for Windows 3.0 on an IBM 5155

I just installed Windows 3.0 on my IBM 5155 after an upgrade to 640k of RAM. Any suggestions which applications for Windows 3.0 I should try?
  8. J

How to start programming?

Hello everyone, I'd like to try some programming on my IBM 5155, but I do not know where to start. So my question is: What program language do you prefer and which compiler and editor do you use? Do you know a good place (on the web) where I can find documentation/guides? BTW, my 5155 has no...
  9. J

Questions about the Tecmar memory expansion card

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum. I just acquired an IBM 5155 :cool: and it came with a Tecmar memory expansion card. There are jumpers and switches on this card, but I don't know how to use them. Does anybody know how to configure this card? There's also a battery on the...
Back