• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Did MacOS ever have any sort of scripting ability?

You need to find out if Adobe Persuasion is scriptable. If you have the manual, check it and it may say so. In any case, you can open the AppleScript Script Editor application, then from Editor, open the Adobe Persuasion application as a scripting dictionary. If you find that Persuasion has a...
  2. D

ADTpro null modem cables

Use MacADT 1.21 on classic Mac OS.
  3. D

ADTpro null modem cables

Yes, and yes. Use MacADT on your 68K Mac.
  4. D

WTB: Working Apple Lisa

That's why I don't cross-develop. I use MPW, and I moved from MPW on a Mac SE/30 to MPW on a Power Mac G3 so I could use a bigger monitor on the G3. When all is said and done, you've got to test on the real hardware, and cross-development only takes you an extra step away from the real...
  5. D

WTB: Working Apple Lisa

My followup advice: don't buy one for a set price, because you'll pay more. Instead, get into an auction with a low starting bid. This advice applies to other computers of similar vintage, like a Mac 128K. Don't do "Buy It Now;" just wait for a low-starting auction and bid there. Unless you...
  6. D

Mac LC series assembler?

If you are accustomed to *nix development on the command line, you'll find that MPW is similar enough, and also offers a GUI for the various tools and their switches. I've been using MPW for Macintosh assembly language development for over 2 years now.
  7. D

Apple II 5.25 cleaning disk

You can use any scratch disk as a cleaning disk. Just put the iso stuff on the bottom of the cookie and let it spin. I just paint one stripe through the window and that's typically enough to clean the head.
  8. D

Apple II Firmware Card / ROM card need help

Eudimorphodon, your discussion of the interplay between the LC and Firmware cards reminds me that this configuration in my Integer Apple II was not, in my experience, a practical arrangement. I have not used the machine for at least 3 or 4 years, but I now recall that I could never run ProDOS.
  9. D

Divide by Zero error MacSE and appletalk sharing.

This is the solution: On your Power Mac G3, use Disk Copy to create a smaller disk image, say 20 MB or 40 MB. Mount this image on the desktop, then use Get Info to enable File Sharing for it. On the Chooser on the Mac SE, select this volume. The problem is that your hard disk is too large for...
  10. D

Have a Macintosh-68k? Please run this for me!

I looked at your MPW assembly source file. I will run the application later today on my Mac 512K.
  11. D

Uhhh.. I THINK I found an Apple II Rev 2 board..? Can someone please help me identify this?

The integer Apple II I have has Rev 4 motherboard with soldered 16K RAM blocks. The handwritten date code is 1980. Its base pan sticker identifies it as a standard Apple II. The Apple II Plus I have is a Rev 3 board with removable RAM blocks. This Apple II Plus appears in the book, The New...
  12. D

Uhhh.. I THINK I found an Apple II Rev 2 board..? Can someone please help me identify this?

An Apple II Plus is defined on page 27 of the white spiral Apple Reference Manual (1979) as having a Revision 1 or later motherboard, Applesoft ROM, and Autostart ROM.
  13. D

I misspoke. It is actually a 3rd-party RAM card called the Legend, which adds LC banked RAM but does not have an on-board ROM. Here's a photo inside the case. Also I have it in slot 2, not slot 4. I haven't used this Apple in several years. :-(
  14. D

It will work in other slots. I have an Integer Apple II with a Language Card in Slot 0 and an Applesoft Firmware Card in slot 4. Your choice of slots is limited because you'll want the red switch to extend out of one of the vertical cutouts on the Apple's case.
  15. D

TeleDisk: serial Disk transfer application

TeleDisk makes it easy to transfer an entire floppy disk from a classic Mac to a newer computer over an ordinary RS-232 serial connection. The resulting disk image is immediately ready to use in the mini vMac emulator. You can also select individual files to transfer, and optionally have them...
  16. D

SyQuest SQ100 -- 5 MB removable disk cartridge

Wanted: working 5 MB disk cartridge for the SyQuest SQ306R drive. Disk cartridge model number is SQ100. May also be labeled as "Q-PAK." Cartridge color is typically white.
  17. D

Powerwel PW-420 power supply

I have a removable disk drive that is powered by a Powerwel PW-420 power supply, dated around 1988. The supply has a short somewhere that caused a resistor to blow up. The resistor was cracked in half and so badly burned that I can no longer read its bands, and thus I have no idea what value it...
  18. D

Intel 8021 for Mac keyboard M0110

Through the controlled processes of troubleshooting I have determined that the Intel P8021H 2173 chip in my M0110 keyboard has failed. Date code: 8404. Can anyone supply me with a replacement?
  19. D

Tandon TM252 hard disk

Yeah, looks like a type of magnetic speed sensor. And I see from searching this forum that the sensor has failed for others too. Actually, I'm looking around more, and it seems that the track 0 sensor is magnetic too. It looks just like this Honeywell SR17C-J6. I thought it was optical, but...
  20. D

Tandon TM252 hard disk

After some more fiddling last night, I made a discovery. I took the board off the bottom of the drive and found that if I short the two pins of a connector, the head actuator will move to track 0 as it should. But I don't know what this thing's function is. It's a cylinder, threaded on the...
Back