• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. L

Someone in the UK to repair my Amstrad 486 SLC motherboard

Someone in the UK to repair my Amstrad 486 SLC motherboard Was working now get a black screen
  2. L

40 pin Keyboard Mouse Controller

Hi Im looking for a 40 Pin Keyboard Mouse Controlller chip (I believe I need the code). Ideally Quadtel but Ive been told any should work from the 286-486 era. Im based in the UK but happy to pay for international postage as it should just be a small package.
  3. L

WTB Someone to fix my 486 SLC 33 PC

HI Im looking for someone in the UK who can repair a 486 slc 33 motherboard (Amstrad) I get a black screen. Was previously working. I am also looking for a W83C311WF chip
  4. L

WTB Keyboard Controller Chip for 386 or 486 please

WTB Keyboard Controller Chip for 386 or 486 please Many thanks
  5. L

WinBond W83C311WF - Please help me find this chip

As per title Im looking for a WinBond W83C311WF If you have one - I would be grateful if you could reply.
  6. L

Upgrade for 386SX such as Cyrix 486 DRX or Texas Instument Make it 486 etc

Hi I live in the UK and was wondering if anyone has any upgrade chips such as the Cyrix 486 DRX 2 or Cyrix SRX 2 or Texas Instrument equivalents. I am happy to also pay international shipping.
  7. L

Questions on Cache controllers / IDE controllers and RAM boards

Hi I have a ISA cache controller card. I believe these make the accessing of hard drives faster? what is the difference between a cache controller and a normal IDE controller? Is it just that it speeds things up. Do I need a driver disk to install the cache controller (dont have one)? I have...
  8. L

Wanted : Cyrix 386 to 486 upgrade chip or similiar for 386sx

Hi I am looking to upgrade a 386 sx to 486. If anyone has any upgrade chip that clips on top, then please let me know. Also if there is any chips to upgrade a 486 slc 33
  9. L

Changing BIOS to recognise past year 2010

Hi Does anyone know how to force my Amstrad Mega PC 386SX to recognise a year after 2010 (It only goes to 2010 in BIOS). Any help would be appreciated.
  10. L

387 Maths Co-Processor Wanted for 386SX

Hi I am looking for a maths co-processor for a 386SX Prefer 25mhz or higher - must not be a DX co-processor. I am based in the UK so would prefer a UK seller or if you are selling from abroad a decent overall price please. Please PM me with offers.
  11. L

An Easy Guide to Installing Calmira on Windows 3.11 please

Hi Guys Just installed Calmira Is there a way to make it load up as Calmira rather than having to double click on the calmira icon?
  12. L

Info on IBM 486 SLC 50 and 486 upgrade cpus for 386 please

Hi can anyone please confirm that the IBM SLC 2 50 is a clip on upgade chip that can be used with a 386 sx 25 computer. I have a few Amstrad Mega PC's (one of them with a cyrix drx2 50 upgrade clip on processor). I am looking for similar upgrades like this in order to upgrade the other 2 amstrad...
  13. L

Hard Drive Limit for 386

Hi I have been looking up various sites etc on the hard drive limit fior 386 pc's. Some say 504mb/512mb/528/540mb I have bought a seagate st3600a which was advertised as 504mb However on other sites it is listed as 525mb or 540mb...
  14. L

Adding an ISA IDE Controller to a computer that already has FDD and HDD

Hi Ive seen some ISA IDE cards that I am thinking of adding to my Amstrad Mega PC which already has a floppy drive and hard drive connected to the motherboard. I want to add this card to experiment (I know an IDE cable with master/slave would be more easier). Would this type of card need any...
  15. L

Upgrading the Amstrad Mega PC

Hi All Ive got two Amstrad Mega PC's although im always on the lookout for spares and documentation etc. These came with a 386 SX 25 processor as standard and 1mb RAM One of mine has 8mb RAM (2 X 4MB simms) as well as the cyrix 486 drx2 50 upgrade. I know these are 30 pin simms and that the...
  16. L

4mb 30 pin edo desktop sims (need 16mb total)

Hi I have an amstrad 386 sx25 with a limit of 16mb max ram. It currently has 8mb ram on two slots (2 X 4mb) used out of 4. I am looking for 4mb modules that will be compatible. Any help much appreciated. Can anyone help with this question also; Can i mix memory brand types i.e at the moment I...
  17. L

Maths co processor question

Hi I have a 386 that was upgraded to a 486. The original spec was cyrix 386 sx25 upgraded using a clip on cyrix 486 srx 50. I have a spare math processor slot. Does the bus speed have to match on the co-processor (i.e I am assuming the speed should be multiples of 25) and I may have read...
  18. L

Wanted: Amstrad Mega PC (or parts) and Amstrad 7486 Slimline PC.

Hi please contact me if you have an Amstrad Mega PC or any parts for it for sale (controllers, joystick, keyboard, monitors, base unit, memory etc). I am also looking for a slimline amstrad 486 that looks like this...
  19. L

Wanted: Amstrad Mega PC and also Amstrad 7485 Slimline Computer and parts

Hi I am looking for the following items Amstrad Mega PC and any parts, manuals etc Amstrad 7486 PC (486 pc in slimline case) 486 PC's in slimline chasis. Would be grateful for you responses. I am in Lancashire UK
Back