• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

Inboard 386/PC 2mb expansion CLONE

This. I use an ATI Graphics Ultra in my XT https://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item/82-ati-38800-1-mach-8-graphics-ultra-8514-ultra-graphics-vantage
  2. H

It's a bit unique in that it just uses a sense line to detect what piggyback module is installed (2/4 mb). The jumper tells it how much ram to expect then it tests the actual memory that it is told it has.
  3. H

You could. It's a 4-layer board with a VCC and GND plane in the middle. Just make sure the planes aren't shorted after you make the cuts. And definitely use a non-metallic standoff so the planes don't short on that either.
  4. H

Dang. Looking back at pictures of the original piggyback it has 3 nylon standoffs in holes drilled in the PCB. Just when I thought Rev C was the final revision! lol. The top holes are close enough to make something like a small zip tie work.. Or maybe just use a little strip of Kapton tape on...
  5. H

That will work! I have mine in slot 5 and it seems to nestle in between the mainboard's chips and stays in place pretty well. My headers on the current memory board I'm using may also be slightly off making them hold in better.
  6. H

I think there are over a dozen out there in the wild now!
  7. H

That was one of my thoughts actually.. my machine is still running whatever version IBM BIOS my board has. Maybe we need some GLaBIOS action!?!
  8. H

Yeah I don't know enough about how all the virtual device drivers (and whatnot) work but it would definitely be a feat to get Win95 running! Dos 7.1 would be more attainable I would think. I have my stock IBM floppy controller with the 360K drives installed still. Does anyone's floppys stop...
  9. H

Woo! Nice! Oddly I was not able to get doom to launch, so I'm not sure about the keyboard situation.
  10. H

Would just have to remove the word "genuine" ;)
  11. H

I'm thinking that the colors they used weren't always the same, but heck it really doesn't matter! I do have this NIB 2mb card for the Inboard386/AT, and this time they used the darker colors. Maybe I'll go by my local paint shop and get some color-calibrated readings.. lol Now.. should we make...
  12. H

Adrian got super lucky here.. Looks like he could use a 4MB upgrade card!
  13. H

@dparks256 Yes send me a DM! I don't have any official order site... @offensive_Jerk Thanks for the scan! I think with that I can make an even better touch-up. Dusted off my old Photoshop skills with the first try! DM me your address and I'll send you some :) As for those who have already...
  14. H

@saifbadri I see you made some stickers from that image post from reddit, too! I searched on google and that appears to be the only image on the internet of this sticker. .. I did a bit of touch-up in Photoshop to remove the stains. I think my sample of magenta came out a bit too dark. I like...
  15. H

Also, PSA: Add active cooling with a small fan. I know this older tech can get hot but it will surely not hurt to have some additional active cooling to move air across the chips - especially if you close up the already poorly ventilated PC/XT case case after modding. It will help these old...
  16. H

Just noticed pins look a bit crusty, but would still work. I'm curious and might try making my own with just the digikey parts to see if it will work (after testing of course!)
  17. H

Yes, that's really it and I cleaned up a few traces' routing paths. I also got them with a blue solder mask and added a logo and text. @chjmartin2 The one you have is a prototype design (which miraculously worked on the first revision) but required that jumper mod to make the inboard think that...
  18. H

I think you can make your own cable pretty easily - Found all the bits: IDC to DIP...
  19. H

A piece of wire works to jumper since you're planning to use it as a 4MB module :) The 2MB is just an option as the original piggybacks had these hardwired based on their capacity, and I left it open for testing and maybe if someone only had 256K sticks.
Back