• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. P

Apple 2 barebones or PCB?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5129251049&fromMakeTrack=true Quote: First Apple II from mid 70's. This was sold as a PCB only for hobbyists. I had to rig a power supply, monitor and I/O. I only have the board at this time.Used for games for several years. I never knew Apple...
  2. P

Indespensible Hardware/Software

Once I picked up a C64, 1541 disk driver/printer combo at Goodwill for $10 and a black cartridge was stuck in the 64. Lo and behold it was a EPYX Fastload Cartridge. Did some searches online for some docs and it is a great add on! IMO the Commodore OS by the time of the early 80s sucked...
  3. P

Commodore Programmer

I met a guy at work who said he used to program Commodore 64 games. He worked with another guy (Michael Crick) and they each worked in their specialized areas (score, graphics, controls, machine language etc) to develop software. They worked in sports games and one of theirs is Summer games...
  4. P

Principles of Liberty

http://www.joelskousen.com/Philosophy/conservation.htm An interesting proposal on the proposed principles of liberty for the Wesern World.
  5. P

Excess Computers

What computers do you have most in excess? From thrift stores and trades, I have an abundance of: 1. TI 99/4As, power supplies, and video interfaces 2. Commodore 64s and power supplies 3. Apple IIes from schools I just have one VIC20, I have avoided them, and got one with a bundle. I have...
  6. P

Secret Guide to Computers

I found a few of these books in thrift stores which are interesting and informative in regards to vintage computing. The earlier ones are harder to find, but I found one from about 1990 which has had some good info on vintage computing. http://www.secretguide.net/
  7. P

C128 and Amiga Power Supply

I don't want to open up a box o' stuff in the top of the closet, but I want to plug in my C128. Can I use my Amiga 500 power supply to power it up safely? It has the same connector type.
  8. P

Commodore Multiple Disk Copying

I'd like to backup some recently acquired Commodore disks in an easy fashion, and not have to do single floppy copying. Even though I have an EPYX FastDisk (I believe it's called) cartridge to facilitate disk commands, the only easy way to copy from device 8 to 10 is to write my own BASIC...
  9. P

Multiple Commodore 1541 Disk Drives

I'd like to have more than one 1541 drive attached, but there is a hardware mod mentioned on Ch 9 page 40 of the 1541 Disk Drive book where it is mentioned that there is two jumpers that both or either have to be cut to make it a physically seperate drive. For instance, a "load '*',8,1" would...
  10. P

Atari 800 keyboard

I got an Atari 800 a while back and the keys u-i-o-p- going to the return keys do not work. I popped off the keys and blew in some compressed air, but the copper was making contact when the keys were pressed. All other keys work. I opened the case to check for loose connections to no avail...
Back