• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Question About Memory Management on Early Versions of DOS

I have a question about how memory was managed on early versions of DOS (pre-4.x). It's my understanding that until 4.x (EMM386) and 5.x (HIMEM) DOS couldn't really use any RAM over 640KB without "help" from 3rd party software (i.e. expansion card drivers). Is this true, or am I misunderstanding...
  2. T

WTB: Dell Latitude Floppy Drive and PCMCIA Cards

I'm looking for a working floppy drive for a Dell Latitude 433m laptop. I've got two of these laptops and neither have a working drive. I only need one drive, as I'm using the other laptop as a parts donor. The Dell part number is "79029". Wouldn't mind getting a PCMCIA NIC and/or sound card...
  3. T

Pentium Pro Cooling Advice

Hey everyone, Since it appears the Pentium Pro is too new to be allowed in the "Pentium (First Generation)" section, I'm going to post this question here. If it helps, the motherboard has an AT power connector on it (in addition to ATX). If that ain't old-school I don't know what is. :) In any...
  4. T

Wtb: Ibm aix 4.3.3

I've recently purchased a RS/6000 Model 250 and am in need of an operating system. I do have a copy of AIX 5.1L, but I've been told this is slow at best on a 250 (also, my machine only has 32MB of RAM, far to little to run it anyway). So, I'm looking to buy a copy of AIX 4.3.3
  5. T

Free IBM ValuePoint 466DX2/Dp (Yes, Virginia, there is a catch)

I'm giving away an IBM ValuePoint 466DX2/Dp. Why you ask am I giving away this neat little 486 machine (which would be lovely to play old DOS games on)? Funny you should ask. Story time: once there was a stupid teenager who moved to a new town. He put all his old computers in the garage at his...
  6. T

Need help identifying RAM type

Hello everyone, I have recently been attempting to find RAM for a laptop I own and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea what type it is. The laptop in question is a Dell Latitude 433m (monochrome/486SL-based). I've attached a diagram of the RAM that I got from Dell's web site. If...
Back