• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Disk imaging software for DOS?

I just received a large collection of old PC software on 360k 5.25" disks. I'm backing up as much of it as hasn't bitrotted onto the CF card I've got running on my 486 board. So far I've just been copying files but I'd like to image a lot of it, especially the bootable disks. So, what software...
  2. J

ID this IDE controller?

Just got back from the university surplus with a few ISA goodies - a late-model SB16 that is probably junk, a couple Intel ethernet controllers, and this IDE controller: http://imgur.com/a/xSNPW The Internet seems to think the 'model number' on the back is that of a Gateway-branded ethernet...
  3. J

Trouble booting from CF

I'm resuscitating a 486 board that was originally taken from a Packard Bell. I've got enough parts on it now to boot from a floppy into DOS 6, yay... I'm hoping to get it booting from a CF. I have the adapter and two cards - a newer 4GB Sandisk Ultra and an older no-name 512MB card. The BIOS...
  4. J

VIC-20 power adapter voltage

Today I got a VIC-20 - looks to be in excellent physical condition and it was advertised as "working" so we'll see about that... First things first, I tested the voltage of the power adapter to make sure I wouldn't immediately fry the thing. It's rated at 9VAC but is outputting 11VAC - is this...
Back