• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

TRS-80 Level II BASIC cross-assembly source?

I just found this wonderful post :) It was me keeping the BASIC asm sources in z88dk-docs, there are multiple reasons for it I'm not explaining right now. I saw the entry point maps done manually. I did the same in the past but I ended up in creating a tool spotting the entry points for...
  2. S

LATINDATA Multitech - Z80 & 6502 together. Yes... CP/M

Here's my two cents, while extending the z88dk "appmake" tool found an interesting tool called "ALIEN" (being ALIENC.COM the component I focused on) capable of reading several CP/M disk formats. Like other similar contemporary tools it existed in both MSDOS and CP/M version. By doing a little...
  3. S

Why didn't CP/M use a standard disk format?

@Eudimorphodon, I loved your list of non-totally-MSDOS-compatibles :) I'd add the Olivetti M20 as well as most of the "8/16" <> "816" models with dual boot. I also discovered the "Olympia People" recently. I think all of them ran a cusomized version of MSDOS v2.x. There's been an interesting...
  4. S

ADDS Multivision

By dissecting the mentioned tool, I can say the MUON Operating System (Applied Digital Data Systems Inc.) disks had 40 tracks, 2 sides, 10 sectors per track, 256 directory entries, 2 boot tracks. Extent size: 2048.
  5. S

ADDS Multivision

I know it's a very little contribution, but on the MSPP microbee archive, "tech/tech" section they recovered a tool named "BEE Alien". It is capable of reading on "ADDS Multivision" disk type to extract data. The uBee512 emulator is good enough to simulate the low level drive formatting...
  6. S

Making SSSD disks for the Osborne 1 using MAME

@BlaBla1985, I hit my head on this same topic in the past two days. I know it is not easy but the IMD format is correctly implemented by MAME, you can verify this by using TD02IMD and try loading an IMD disk image that worked in Teledisk mode. MAME is quite peeky and often crashes with little...
Back