• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. V

This is easily the "oldest" computer ever sold

Well this is not really a vintage computer but it's a hell of a remake. I doubt anybody here owns a Differential Engine yet? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorian-Retro-Steampunk-Computer-by-Datamancer-One-of-a-kind-Amazing-/261296367201?
  2. V

Problem Understanding How Exactly Terminal Emulators Work

I'm not sure where to post this so I go with the programming forum. I am having a bit difficulties understanding exactly how terminal emulation software works. Of course I have a lot of them, starting with xterm etc up to professional stuff (mostly trial version while I fiddled with them). Here...
  3. V

Looking For Vintage Game Info

Not sure if this is the right title for my post but I don't know how to summarize it better. I am learning Ada on the side, not a full time study though. I just implemented an Ansii terminal library to simulate Ansii control codes on a windows console ( which doesn't do Ansii since Windows 95...
  4. V

New Guy Looking For IBM Ballhead Printer Type Device

Hello, this is my first post here. I am a programmer by trade, have been in the business since the 80s, but always on the PC side, I never had anything to do with big machines although I was always fascinated by the walls of light bulbs that blink :) Now for some time I have been thinking about...
Back