• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Questions about MS-DOS and other software on and IBM XT clone

I've finally gotten the hardware together to test the IBM XT clone I recently picked up from a swap meet. Now I'm looking at software. The computer came with a bootleg copy of MS-DOS 2.11 in one of the drives, but I've noticed that much of the software I'm interested in getting (mainly games...
  2. S

Understanding keyboards for IBM computers

First off, thanks so much to everyone who helped me in my last thread. So, I recently got an IBM clone for cheap at a swap meet. It didn't come with a keyboard, and at the time, I had no way to plug it in to any of my monitors or TVs. I got a video card that will let me see it on a TV, but I...
  3. S

I'd like help in identifying an IBM XT clone

Earlier today I picked up this IBM clone at a swap meet for $2. The case says "Avantage XT turbo", but I cannot find any information about it online. I opened it up, and looking at the components' patent years, I can only say that it is from 1987 or later. I've also noticed that although it...
  4. S

Model I, Level II keyboard repair

So I recently had the incredibly good fortune to pick up a TRS-80, Model I, level II computer with manuals, cassette programs, and accessories for just $2 at a local electronics swap meet. Everything about the computer works well. Everything, that is, except for the 'e' key. Pressing it does...
Back