• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

C64 needs VIC chip

Can you clue me as to where on the site to preorder or do I keep checking in? I also went on DISCORD but no answer there either... :cry:
  2. H

C64 needs VIC chip

At this point, I would pay what they ask if only I could find one, the mini appears to be an excellent replacement from what I can read and vids I've seen.....actually I'd buy two.....
  3. H

C64 needs VIC chip

Yes, it does fail as I have two boards of the same version, of which one has a bad VIC, swapped all configurations on both boards and used diagnostics cartridge and with my good VIC, they worked perfectly, even using a 1541 loading programs and running, and a cassette loading different programs...
  4. H

C64 needs VIC chip

Thanks Robert, but I already got the ceramic version from him, it, unfortunately is also foobar, I'm trying to get it returned now as we speak..... I will also accept a 8562 - it is the C64c version, I'm told just replace pin 13 12v with 5v and your good to go - but alas, no 8562's to be found...
  5. H

C64 needs VIC chip

Any chance you might share where to purchase? Everywhere I look has "Out of stock" 😢
  6. H

C64 needs VIC chip

Hi all, I have a couple of C64's in need of the VIC II 6567 chip. Since these are long boards, the VIC II 8582 would also work. I can find PAL versions, but not many NTSC. I checked out the KWARI replacement, but no info on yet on when they will begin on the NTSC version. Thanks Howard W1ARQ
  7. H

Well Now I have a Kaypro

Nice buy, my friend! Very good catch considering the age, and super clean. I have 3 of these, a Kaypro 2, a Kaypro II and a Kaypro 10 - the K10 was water damaged (the keyboard was submerged in flood water), and the hard drive was "frozen", but I managed to save it and it runs great now. I envy...
  8. H

autoexec.bat and config.sys not running

Which drive are you booting from, A: or C: (C:=hard drive if you have one installed)? If you boot from C:, it does not know where to get the config.sys and autoexec.bat, so DOS just drops to a default prompt.
  9. H

Eagle II CP/M and/or Verityper S100 computer ???

Based on the edge connector pin count, that appears to be an slightly modified STD bus, there is a spec that defines this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STD_Bus that may give you clues as to what it is. It most definitely is not S-100
  10. H

Mystery ISA card with z80

Bingo, a clock chip, hence the battery....... The 58167 also has a few bytes of battery backed ram for keeping tid-bits of config info for the card when the power is off..... all of which I suspect is unavailable to the host (PC) directly because it wouldn't know how to execute Z80 code, the...
  11. H

Mystery ISA card with z80

Yup, my bet is that it is Digi's answer to the Comtrol RocketPort EXPRESS card which is a multi-port serial interface card for use in a XT or AT running Unix or Xenix or some equivalent multi-user operating system. Xenix was to more popular for the smaller architecture of the 86/88 that has a...
  12. H

Looking for PDS for IMSAI MDS DIO board.....

Actually, I'm looking for anything by Technical Design Labs or TDL, as in the SMB1, Xitan chassis, Z80 ZPU, including software as well. Also, any kind of S-100 cassette interface board, particularly Tarbell, but all offerings considered. Thanks, Howard W1ARQ
  13. H

Mid Atlantic S100 Cards For Sale

Hello, are any of these items still available? Thanx
  14. H

Compupro pickup

That's a keeper for sure....(y)
  15. H

New England Looking for PDS card for MDS DIO S-100 Floppy controller, and/or any TDL/XITAN S-100 hardware

Hello, I have a IMSAI MDS DIO Floppy Disk Controller S-100 card, but unfortunately the PDS (Programmable Data Separator) daughter board has been, well, separated from the DIO card. I'd be interested in purchasing even a dead set for repair. Also looking for any Technical Design Labs cards and/or...
  16. H

S-100 Boards and Peripherals Up for Trade ...

And with shipping it pushes it to almost $300.00, didn't it cost that much in 1976 (taxes from my state WILL push it over $300.00) ; nevertheless, I'm kinda tempted :unsure: because it is easy to use - I had one back in the early 80's and it was a breeze to setup for CP/M and Wordstar...
  17. H

Escape Code terminal editor that runs in MS/PCdos

Hmm.... :unsure: there's a thought, but apparently the 3.30 version I got hold of is already changed by MicroPro, as I get this during install.... 😞 Selection "B" also returns this result. It is version 3.30 but already warmed over by MicroPro, I suspect that the patch area for the terminal is...
  18. H

Looking for PDS for IMSAI MDS DIO board.....

Manage to acquire an IMSAI MDS DIO S-100 floppy controller, but unfortunately it is missing the PDS (Programmable Data Separator) board. I would be interested if someone has one to trade/sell. Thanx for your time......W1ARQ
  19. H

S-100 Boards and Peripherals Up for Trade ...

There is a VDM on eBay as of this writing, but I thought the price was a little high. I would like to talk to you about the SA800, if it's still available. I have an SD SYS FDC, but unless I can locate a PDS to go with an IMSAI MDS DIO, I probably will hang on to this.
Back