• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

AppIe IIGS logic board troubleshooting #2

I have another Apple IIGS logic board, ROM01. Very clean board - no corrosion on the top or bottom. None of the chips appear to have any corrosion. Battery has been removed. No cards installed. All power lines are there. No short-to-ground going on. Power supply is good. 65C816 is a good CPU...
  2. G

AppIe IIGS logic board troubleshooting

First off, are there any step-by-step guides to troubleshooting a IIGS logic board in a somewhat dead state? I have a logic board, ROM01, part number is 607-0713D. With no cards installed and no keyboard connected, I power it on and it displays the checkerboard pattern, with white and black...
  3. G

Apple-1 Expansion Slot Edge Connector - Library file?

I'm hoping I don't have to create a library file for the Apple-1 expansion slot and edge connector from scratch. Does this library exist for Eagle or KiCAD?
  4. G

Any luck building new Apple II's using these eBay clone PCBs?

Curious to learn of anyone who attempted - successful or not - to build an Apple II from scratch, using the "rev 0" Chinese knock-offs of Willegal's logic board design? I bought one just to have for show - even had the logic board laminated at FedEx/Kinko's. I may buy another one if these boards...
  5. G

Something fishy about this Apple II eBay sale

Mid-June 2020 - an Apple II s/n A2S1-13176 was sold for $1,5000... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Apple-II-Computer-820-0001-03-REV-3-w-monitor-drives-stand-cards-docs-/274391949573 Looks like a good clean sale. The computer had a rev 3 logic board, silver-colored power supply, and Datanetics...
  6. G

NEED: ROMs for Unitron U-2200

Aloha! I recently received a Unitron U-2200 logic board. What's missing are the ROMs, including the Boot ROM and the character ROM. I do have the ROMs for the U-2000, but in my research the two boards are different to the point where the U-2200 auto boots into CP/M by default, which is the...
  7. G

CiderPress - DOS 3.3 - Raw binary $F2 to BIN

Aloha!!! I can't seem to find a solution to the following problem... I'm using SBASM 3.0 cross-assembler, assembling in 6502 mode. It assembles the code just fine. The problem is that I'm trying to take the resulting raw object file, copy it to a DOS 3.3 disk using CiderPress, and change the...
  8. G

Extremely rare component for sale - 80-column card "supplement"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Vintage-Apple-II-1982-EXTENDED-80-Column-Text-Card-Supplement/273963609838 Extremely rare "supplement" for the Apple 80-column card. When this supplement is installed, unicorns will come flying out of your computer. Buy this before it disappears!
  9. G

Apple II Plus - what logic board version and keyboard?

I have only the bottom with the original power supply #000337. Attached is the labeling on the bottom. I'm looking to re-build this computer, but would like to know which logic board and keyboard would best match based on what appears on the labeling? Version of logic board would be something...
  10. G

Apple II - distorted speaker audio

I've attached a zip file containing a MP3 file of the speaker audio. This forum doesn't support audio files. The problem I'm having is not just the audio when I turn the computer on, but also when I hit CTRL-RESET. On power-on, the speaker doesn't beep normally. The speaker instead has this...
  11. G

Disk Drive Analog Cards- One Better Than the Rest?

Curious question.... Several Apple II drive manufacturers used the same Shugart SA390 mechanism as Apple's Disk II. I've listed below disk drive analog cards from the following companies: Apple, Franklin, Micro-Sci, Trak and Unitron. Apple Franklin Micro-Sci Trak Unitron Just through...
  12. G

Troubleshooting Apple II Clone "ABC"

As if I needed a challenge.... I have an Apple II clone logic board. It is one of your average logic boards that uses a ROM card/slot, 6502 and Z80 processors onboard, and 64KB RAM onboard (eight 4164 modules.) When it boots, it displays "ABC" where "APPLE ][" would normally appear. Few...
  13. G

HP/ASUS A7N8X-LA - Repairing

Hey, guys! I was given an HP Pavililion. It has an ASUS A7N8X-LA motherboard, with 512KB DIMM and the original hard drive and OS. First thing I did was restore the original Windows XP operating system (it also re-formatted the drive to NTFS prior to restoring OS) using the F10 option. So the...
  14. G

I really want to get rid of my Lisa II - Tips on selling?

Aloha! I have an Apple Lisa II 2/10 computer I've owned for the last 25 years. It works, but with a few exceptions... It has the 10MB widget hard drive, but it is not functional. The computer can boot up if I connect my Mac Floppy Emu to it. The floppy drive is still in it, but I doubt it...
  15. G

ADB Splitter Adapter - any thoughts?

Looking at various schematic diagrams for ADB-related circuits, the bus appears to be pretty simple. For example, on a given ADB keyboard, there really isn't anything significant between the two ADB jacks other than a RFI filter on the four wires between the two jacks. So is an ADB splitter...
  16. G

Any tips on modifying Mac beige/Snow White cases?

I have no specifics yet. But generally, I'd like to modify some Mac 68K cases. Particularly, if anyone has experience plugging large slots and holes. Does bondo work well in these situations? Maybe cut a piece of pre-punched perfboard that fits the slot, use JB Weld to glue the piece, sand, and...
  17. G

WTB: CP/M-86 for Apple II Series (particularly Clone Software version for 8088 card)

I saw this software selling on eBay a few months ago. Haven't seen it pop up ever since. Appears to be extremely rare. It is a special release by Clone Software that works on the ALF AD8088 processor card for the Apple II. Because the Apple II disks are not the typical format, no other CP/M-86...
  18. G

What are the differences between Apple IIc Plus and Apple IIe card in a Macintosh LC?

I saw in an earlier thread that someone found an Apple IIc Plus. I actually have one of these myself. I also happen to have a Macintosh Quadra 605 running an Apple IIe card. I have the cable for the card (joystick/smartport) and I'm currently using a Mac Floppy Emu for the primary 3.5-inch...
  19. G

Charles Phillips - MacCap

Has anyone recently dealt with or even heard from Charles - like within the last month or so? Myself and a few others who have submitted motherboards to him haven't heard from him in almost a month. For me, it has been about three weeks. When I originally wrote to him in early August 2018 asking...
  20. G

MC6840 Programmable Timer Module - Any Apple II-related projects?

I recently received an Apple II expansion card that includes a Motorola MC6840 programmable timer module. It has three independent timer, and everything on the MC6840 is accessible through the peripheral I/O bus on the Apple II. Are there any interesting hardware projects or experiments that I...
Back