• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Garbled OS System Sounds - i486DX2/66, Win 3.1, Sound Blaster 16

It shouldn't matter what the jumper settings are for DAS0 and DAS1, because the Diagnostic program could not recognize any of the 3 available channels (The three channels are 0, 1, and 3). The current setting is with DAS0 open and DAS1 closed, for the default "DMA 1"; I'll provide a close-up of...
  2. S

Here's a photo of the card, perhaps you all can see something I can't - still awaiting approval of my post from yesterday... how many posts do I need to no longer need these moderator approvals? lol
  3. S

Thank you for your replies. Posted are photos of the Config.sys file, and the error message I got when running the Diagnostic program. Switched the video card and sound card slots but to no avail - I cannot accommodate the sound card in any other slots due to the length and space conflicts...
  4. S

Thank you for your replies. I adjusted the IRQ to 7 but reverted back to the original settings after a respective error showed up when booting up the OS. The only diagnostic program I found under C:\SB16 was TESTSB16.EXE, which appeared relevant. In conducting the tests, I received "Error...
  5. S

I have a custom-made i486DX2/66 rig with a 540 MB Western Digital Caviar hard drive, Sound Blaster 16 (Card Model CT1750), running Windows 3.1. The drivers appear to load properly and an audio CD plays just fine from both the audio-out in the rear of the card as well as the CD-ROM drive as...
Back