• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

AST Card Not Ticking When Off

I have an AST Combo Plus card in my IBM PC XT. While most features of the on-board RTC seem to work fine, it only seems to advance the time while the system is on. So, for example, if I have the time set properly, and I turn the computer off at 4:30 PM, and then I wait half an hour and turn the...
  2. A

D-LINK DE-100TP REV-D1 NIC. Completely flummoxed.

Hello, I have a D-Link DE-100TP+ card which I'm attempting to use with my XT. This seems to be the only information I can find about this card, unfortunately I am having issues. I too am using the XT-IDE adapter by Lo-Tech, so I too have set my DE-100TP+ to 320h. I am having slightly different...
  3. A

IBM PCXT Power Short

Hello, I have an IBM PCXT that will not boot. I have figured out that it is likely a short somewhere on the system board, however, I don't know exactly how to pinpoint it. To troubleshoot the issue, I removed all the expansion boards including the video card and the hard-drive controller. The...
  4. A

IBM PCXT Short

Hello, I have had my grandfather's IBM PCXT for quite a while now, but I've never gotten it to boot. It doesn't even post or spin up the hard drive normally. I have found out from this web page that the power supply will not provide power if it detects a short. So, to check this, I simply...
Back