• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

new PDP QBUS panel project

Title pretty much says it all. I put a new project on github https://www.github.com/joelang/pdp-panel it's a panel for QBUS backplane with power supply control, bus power signals,LTC clock, run/halt with indicator. joe
  2. J

What I did on my COVID vacation

Well I was fine till the rum ran out... I revived a project I started years ago. A Z80 single board computer. With all the SBC projects out there why do my own? It's partly a case of "not invented here" but also none of the projects have a feature I wanted. I wanted a SCSI interface. I know...
  3. J

cp/m 2.2 public files

I have found a lot of references to a patch to CP/M 2.2 to allow public files. Nowhere have I found the patch for this. Anybody have it? joe lang
  4. J

looking for info: Plessey 701805-100D QBUS board

I have a couple of boards. They look like the Plessey version of a DRV11 parallel interface. The previous owner "helpfully" cleared all the switches to "off".... From the number of poles i can figure out the address and vector, but there is a 5 position dip switch that appears to do things to...
  5. J

decserver 700-16 fan problem

I have a decserver 700 that I just noticed was dead. put on bench powers up. tftp loads. basically works.... except the fan. first thought fan bad. not an uncommon problem.... Nope runs on bench supply. probe pins on PS. no joy 0 volts. This thing is a line operated SMPS, so before I probe too...
  6. J

rx01 emulator on github

I had a pretty good week debugging my latest project. It's a RX01 emulator (sort of). It uses a standard RXV11 (M7946) interface and emulates 2 drives of 32768 blocks each. I can't take credit for the idea. Years ago I found RX11emu by Pete McCollum. I can't find it online anymore but I had...
  7. J

Yet another TU-58 emulator

Everybody has their own take on how to make a TU-58 emulator. Here are my requirements: stand alone device-no PC needed greater than 512 blocks low parts count solid state storage passes XXDP CZTUU diagnostics not wire-wrap or dead bug construction here it is: https://github.com/joelang/tu-58
  8. J

DEC paper tape basic

This is more of an announcement. I've seen quite a few references to DEC paper tape basic. They all seem to reference the same binary image that lacks a lot of features (strings for one...) I have sent to Al (bitsavers... Do I really have to say that?) A disassembly of paper tape basic...
  9. J

new drives for old pdp-11's

Build qbus to mscp to some kind of modern drive.... I know this comes up from time to time and always seems to stall at some point. I have an idea I've never seen discussed. Start with a klesi adapter. They are available and cheap. RC25 drives and tu-?? drives have not held up well making...
Back