• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Gateway 386: How to boot from floppy disk B?

Greetings, I have a Gateway 386 machine with a single 1.44 MB 3.5" floppy disk drive installed. In the BIOS setup, there are options for floppy disk drives A: and B:. I set drive A: to 1.44 MB 3.5" and B: to Not Installed. However, when I insert a MS-DOS boot disk (tested and working on other...
  2. T

VGA to MDA Adapter for IBM Monochrome Monitor?

Hello, I have an IBM 5151 monochrome monitor with a DE-9 connector for MDA. I would like to connect this monitor to a newer computer with a DE-15 connector for VGA. Since these are two different display standards, I need an adapter to convert the VGA signal to MDA for viewing on the monitor...
  3. T

1000 RL: How to make DeskMate full screen?

Hello, I have a Tandy 1000 RL computer connected to a monochrome CGA monitor. When I turn it on, DeskMate it is not full screen. I didn't see any options or settings to toggle full screen. I've seen pictures on the internet of DeskMate running in full screen on color monitors, so is this just a...
  4. T

TRS-80 model III video not working

Hello all... I have a Radio Shack TRS-80 model III which hasn’t been used for quite a few years. I plugged it in and turned it on, but nothing is shown on the screen. However, the red light on the floppy drive does turn on for a few seconds and it does make a sound. Also, when I insert a 5.25”...
Back