• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

I'm selling my entire collection...

Hello, Over the next few days I'm going to be selling my entire collection on ebay - as I upload items I'll add the links in to the comments of this thread. I thought this might be of interest to you guys here, any way here is the first item. I'll do a discount for any one who buys any items...
  2. R

Help Wiring A Turbo Switch/LED and MHz Display

Evening, So I'm having real trouble re-wiring my turbo SW/LED and MHz Display. I took photos of the setup when I took the case apart, but my phone got stolen so I'm at square one. I'm hoping some one has done this before? The first picture shows the motherboard pin outs: The first two pins...
  3. R

486 Build

So I'm doing a sort of new build using a good number of bits I've already got and some new bits I've picked up. I got the case/motherboard from a local engineering company I did work experience with many years ago, so I think it would be fitting to run some older CAD software on the machine when...
  4. R

Could you help ID this RAM?

Hello, Could any one help me identify this stick of RAM? It came from my 386 Olivetti M380 XP9. It currently only has 4MB and I'd like to get some more for it. The numbers on the back are: LHS: SMti LHS (Bottom): 4846 A RHS: TM024GAD9 RHS (Bottom): 9101 10 Numbers on the microchips are as...
  5. R

Olivetti 386 & 486 for trade!

Ahoy! So I'm having a clear out to save some space. As a result of this I have 1x Olivetti 386 M380/C and 1x Olivetti M4 Modulo 40. Firstly both of the cases are seriously tatty, they partially in bits, missing drives etc. I can't guarantee they work 100% (though the electronics should all be...
  6. R

USB floppy emulators

Hi all, I'm considering getting one of these USB floppy emulators...
  7. R

Any ideas what this ISA card is?

Hello, I've got an (8bit?) ISA card here, any ideas what it is, what it does and where I could get a bracket for it from? The port has 62 pins on it, and I don't even know if it works... thanks in advance guys.
  8. R

Olivetti M20 ST Keyboard clean up

Thought you guys might like to see some pics of me cleaning the keyboard on an Olivetti M20 ST Keyboard out of the machine, it's fairly heavy due to the steel base you can see. The PCB on the back is very clean however.... ...Once I started to remove the keys I could see why it wasn't...
  9. R

Small CRT repair

Hello! I'm going to try repairing this wire with some heat shrink, problem is I'm quite terrified of cracking open my CRT - does any one know of any good guides? Cheers :)
  10. R

Olivetti M20 ST boot issues....

Alone know what this means on an Olivetti M20 ST? Also I'm not sure the keyboard works
  11. R

New RAM issues...

Hi all, so I've just bought a 586 PC of eBay, and having repaired the RTC I'm now trying to upgrade the RAM. It has 6 ram sockets, four fit this sort of RAM: And two, this kind: So there where four modules of the first kind installed, totalling 48MB. I removed these and installed two of...
  12. R

Can you spot the BIOS battery, because I can't!?!

Bios battery is dead, but I can't find it, am I missing something? Cheers all.
  13. R

Where do you guys buy screws for you vintage machines from?

So I'm thinking about taking on a new project - by the looks of it most of the screws in the case and PSU have surface rust, so I'm thinking (as well as the other 1 million things it needs doing to it) to replace all of the screws; my question is, where do guys buy yours from (UK)? I've only...
  14. R

Restoration thoughts please!

Hi all, So I'm thinking about buying a Olivetti M24 8086. Its a shed find (why do people put them there?!) So pretty grimey on the inside, good amount of surface rust, no monitor or keyboard (hoping to get adapters?), powers on but not tested. It's got a while left but is on a low price with...
  15. R

Olivetti M20 ST boot disk

Does what it says on the tin :) if you have a 5.25' floppy with PCOS on it for the M20, I would like to talk you about buying it or a copy. Cheers all.
  16. R

PSU servicing

Hi all, As a few of you will know I managed to get my Olivetti m380 xp9 up and running the other day. This morning I decided to look inside the PSU, it's pretty dusty and has a service tag on the lid from 1989; it's also completely non standard and I'm guessing would be a nightmare to replace...
  17. R

Replacing Fixed disk in a 386

So the original hard disk in my Olivetti m380 xp9 has died. I'm currently trying to replace it; so far I have tried plugging a similar disk from another 380 in, using spare cables, swapping the disk controller for the one in the other 380, taking the disk controller and CF adapter from a 486...
  18. R

Adding an ISA slot

Hi all, So a while ago I bought a computer (Early 2000s, Celron single core, 700mb RAM) for a whole £2 off ebay. It has several PCI lanes on the motherboard, and notably the space for an ISA slot, however nothing was ever soldered in to it. My question therefore is, if I soldered an ISA slot...
  19. R

Does any one recognise this drive?

So this drive came with my 486 when it was given to me. There's no option for it in the BIOS, and it has a standard floppy connector on the back. Any one have any idea what it is? just for clarity I'm on about the drive below the 3.5" floppy.... Cheers :)
  20. R

Any recommendations for an 80s machine to tinker with?

Hi all, Hopefully this is in the right section. My favourite machine is an Evesham Micros 486, this is partially because I am from the town of Evesham, but mainly because it's pretty easy to play around with the hardware and upgrade it/generally tinker... So my question is, can any one...
Back