• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Hotkey to switch external display on old laptops?

I'm not really familiar with this one: what were the "usual" methods to switch display to the external monitor on old (XT, 286, 386) laptops? E.g. I have a Compaq LTE whose diag floppy can switch to the external CGA display for testing, but as to how to do this otherwise there is not a clue, DIP...
  2. G

Debugging extended CMOS (XCMOS) values for Halikan laptop

I have a Halikan LA5040 386SX laptop, whose coin batteries (2) ran out. That is probably the reason it no longer sees the proprietary +1Mb expansion card in it. I remember booting Linux 2.0 into just a shell (2Mb RAM total) - then using gnokii to dialup, fetch POP3 and run a simple mailer to...
  3. G

Interesting 8-bit SB clone board

https://gabucino.hu/tmp/sbclone.jpg It's quite horrid :) Very noisy, and doesn't work in 386 (FM is broken, half the channels are missing or such). Plays fine in a 10MHz XT, and Mark Cox's MOD player is able to play something remotely resembling a .mod... Has anyone seen something like this...
  4. G

Section(s) of IBM Model M not working

Hi, It was this jolly good morning, when I hopped in front of muh computah just to notice that the "N", "B", and SPACE keys are not working. Well that was a bummer! I've noticed such behavior after completing one of them slightly "humid" cleaning sessions (i.e.: removing keys, then rubbing the...
  5. G

8/16-bit ISA SCSI card DOS driver request

Hi, I need drivers for one or more of these cards: - Symbios Logic 53C400A - Adaptec AVA-1502AP/CANON-U (FH6-3702) If someone has a "no bullshit" download link for them, please share...
  6. G

What exactly is this?

Looks like some kind of memory.
  7. G

XT-IDE issue in real XT

Howdy fellas! First time poster here. Thought I'd ask for some input on this... I have XT-IDE on several AM27C128-150DC EPROMs (shipped+programmed by buyicnow.com). Now, it works correctly in a 386 with either a DEC DE100 (ROM mapped to DE00), or a NE2000-clone (ROM addresses linked to...
Back