• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

CompactFlash on Tandy 1000 RL

Good afternoon everyone! I was recently given a Tandy 1000 RL HD from a family friend who had it in storage for decades. It appears to run perfectly, and I want to future-proof it by installing CompactFlash storage. I am OK using the HD until it dies so I figure I'll use the CF as a HD backup...
  2. B

FreHD auto boot prom install - 5V source

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of moving and all my soldering equipment is in storage so a friend of mine has graciously offered to let me use his today. I want to install the FreHD auto boot EEPROM and I'm unsure where to source the 5V on the motherboard. Has anyone else installed one on...
  3. B

NIB Coco 3 with shaky video

Hi everyone! A while back I posted about a NIB Coco3 I purchased at a garage sale. Everything works perfectly except for the screen which appears to 'jump' vertically a few times a second. When I insert a disk controller cart it continues, however when I inserted the only other cart i have...
  4. B

What is this card plugged into U1 on my 4D?

Hello everyone! I decided to transplant my Alps keyboard from one 4D to another and when I opened the back up, I saw something I wasn't expecting. Can anyone tell what it is? It's plugged into U1; the SHARP chip is a Z80A but I have no idea what the additional chips are. Thanks in advance!
  5. B

Different keyboards on Model 4Ds?

Good afternoon! After gifting my Model III to my sister's family in 1984, and then regretting that decision every waking moment of my life, I made the decision a couple of years ago to get back into TRS-80s...and figured Is should do so with a 4D. I kept my eyes open for one in decent shape; I...
Back