• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Stubborn kaypro II refuse to work

Hi folks, at least I have my kaypro working!!. The last keyboard fail was a faulty SIO. I'm very grateful to all of you, I'm learning a lot with your help Thank you very much!!
  2. J

Ok, the inverter was wrong, I changed and the disk system work again. The keyboard still failure. Tomorrow more.. Keyboard with caps light on/off and sound. Thanks!!
  3. J

Hi, on startup, the following signals are Pin 8 LOW Pin 15 HIGH Pin 14 LOW As Dave said...
  4. J

Hi, yes I have a small DS203, I'm not an expert but I do my best! ;) on Monday I'll check it thank you so much!!
  5. J

Yes!! You are right, I'll try your suggestions as soon as I can, thank you!!! Jorge
  6. J

Hi, I've assured you that 24 hours before the crystal change the A drive worked. 24 hours after I don't know why it didn't work :)
  7. J

By the way, as you can see in the video, as soon as you turn on the computer, the motor goes on, but no lights at all
  8. J

Hi, thank you guys, I'm long from home until next week, but in fact, the behaviour told by durgadas is exactly it's done before. I'm afraid that the crystal is irrelevant, at least in my little knowledge, but it's clear that something went wrong in the meanwhile. In fact desolder the crystal...
  9. J

Hi, more information about previous faults Thread 'Weird characters in kaypro II boot' and I upload a video of the startup process
  10. J

Hi, I'm afraid that I don't explain very well. This is the message I got before change the crystal. As soon as we change it, the Kaypro doesn't boot into cpm anymore. The message in the screen that I refered to was the startup screen "kaypro please place your diskette into drive". After the...
  11. J

Hi everybody. I'm trying to fix a Kaypro II with no success until now. Motherboard 81-110B1 Character ROM 81-146 Monitor ROM 81-149c In the very beginning, the Kaypro boot but in the message in the screen there were different letters changed. I posted before in this forum. Trying to fix it...
  12. J

Weird characters in kaypro II boot

Gotcha!! I'm afraid that it can be easy from the beginning, doing the things well, but at least I fixed it. Now I have a problem with the keyboard but this is another story.. The 20 MHz cristal was broken.. Many thanks to everyone, I really appreciate your effort Thank you all
  13. J

Hi, thank you!! I'm sure that the Z80 work in other computers, but I'll test it again. And yes, durgadas has several monitor roms but I'm afraid that the computer even doesn't run the rom.
  14. J

Hi everybody again, I've been trying to fix the kaypro again.. But no success 😭 I've socketed all the memory and memory video chips. One 4164 was bad , but it doesn't fix the issue. The screen is full of garbage when the computer start. I've seen in the tech manual that garbage on screen can...
  15. J

Kaypro 2X boot problem Oki drives

Hi folks, I've fiddling again this days and I have exactly the main issue described by unlimitedbacon. I'm testing the drives in a DOS environment and for one drive, that was it happens. The other drive doesn't work at all but their problem is related too with the track position. Both drives...
  16. J

Okidata gm 3305hu 5 1/4 disk drive problem

I'm afraid that I wasn't clear enough, sorry. I test the drives one at a time, with the same configuration and test stuff and both like drive A. One work and the other don't. Thanks for your answer
  17. J

Okidata gm 3305hu 5 1/4 disk drive problem

Hi dear friends, I have a Kaypro 2X with two DS DD disk drives, model Okidata gm 3305hu. The kaypro works but don't boot. Trying to fix it, I removed the disk drives to test it in a DOS environment. Finally I've managed to get one of those drives working, but not the other. The configuration...
  18. J

64 Orange screen

Hi folks, I'm afraid that the orange is one of the flavors of the "black screen" am I right?? I passed the dead test and even the screen is flickering in some places it works. The system stop when arrives to color ram. It says the chips 10,21 and 22 are wrong. I've changed no improve, next I...
  19. J

Hi, thank you both. I have a pocket oscilloscope, and I'll try to work with it at Christmas!!. I'm not very good at this level of detail, but always is a good time to learn!! Thank you very much
  20. J

Hi people, I've checked all the schematics with the motherboard and ALL the connections are fine. So I guess that must be a faulty chip, what do you think?? I guess that the eprom is never loaded because the emergency ROM by durgadas don't show that first characters in the screen expected...
Back