• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

CE-158X, a more modern replacement for the Sharp CE-158 (and TRS-80 version)

I found a case to keep my CE-158 comfortable and safe.
  2. J

Two new memory modules for TRS-80 PC_2, Sharp PC-1500

They were an amazing machine for the time and still fun today.
  3. J

Two new memory modules for TRS-80 PC_2, Sharp PC-1500

In this video we introduce two new memory modules for the Sharp PC-1500 (TRS-80 PC-2) . The CE-1638 features 8x 16K RAM banks. The CE-163F also has 8x 16K RAM banks + 8x 16K FLASH banks. Both come with backup batteries for the RAM and firmware that runs behind the scenes which makes bank...
  4. J

It should work with the CE-150, I will confirm this weekend. The CE-150 does not power the original CE-158 or the new CE-158X. Both need their own power source. In the case of the original CE-158 you must use the internal battery pack. With the CE-158X you can add an 18650 internally and use...
  5. J

In this video we take a look at the CE-158X, a modern serial / parallel interface for the Sharp PC-1500[A], PC-1600 computers. The original Sharp CE-158 interfaces are rare, expensive and limited to 2400bps. We created the CE-158X as a modern higher speed replacement. With a solid transfer speed...
  6. J

I have some that I need to get finished up. Will get them done ASAP.
  7. J

The first batch of CE-158Xs is gone. We will have some more sometime in May. I'm doing my best to get the user's manual finished up this weekend and will post a link here to it. I'm also trying to get a new video done showing the final product.
  8. J

I sent you DM, I think you should be able to respond.
  9. J

Due to some of life's little curveballs I just got the CE-158X units ready to ship. Case colors available are RED and BLACK. (They got the most votes.) We only made a small number this first time. It can be powered by the USB connector or an 18650 (not included to make international shipping...
  10. J

CE-158X Update! I have a small number of completed CE-158X boards on hand now! I have printed 4 colors of covers, experimenting to see which I liked better. There are black, red, grey and a sort of iridescent brown/purple which looks a bit different based on the lighting and angle of viewing...
  11. J

Yes, we will be producing them. Should have the first ones out shortly. Boards in hand, parts on the way and 3D printer is printering :)
  12. J

For months a friend and I have been working on a replacement for the Sharp CE-158 RS-232 serial/parallel interface for the PC-1500 (TRS-80 PC-2). I just put the finishing touches on the enclosure, PCB are on hand and parts will be arriving next week. Note that the case is red as I was using up...
  13. J

Modern update of the CE-158 for the TRS-80 PC-2

I think we have related but differing visions. I think the idea of DMA is interesting but not what I was after, I wanted a more direct replacement for the CE-158 with all of the CE-158 functionality. We have boards on hand and parts arriving next week. I'll start a new thread though.
  14. J

Tandy Portable Disk Drive 2 Service Manual eBay Fundme

The TPDD2 service manual is archived at last! https://archive.org/details/tpdd-2-service-manual
  15. J

They are in the processor itself, i.e. PU, PV, etc.
  16. J

The processor has a few special flip-flop type outputs that control the memory banking. If the system is in reset, you won't be able to select the correct bank and I'm not sure if you can predict what bank will be selected, if any, in reset. I suspect that the address decoding also will not work...
  17. J

A friend and I have been working on a CE-158 replacement for several months now. The max reliable baud rate is 19,200. The PC-1500 just can't process the data fast enough to go faster than this. I did a video about 6 months ago showing an early prototype. I think I showed the modified ROM for...
  18. J

I was just kidding about donating to the cause. I have benefitted greatly from the manuals other have obtained, scanned and made freely available. I'm happy to do the same where I can.
  19. J

Read a few posts above yours. I bought it for $30 plus $10 for shipping. If you really want to give me $40 I won't complain :)
  20. J

I made a realistic offer of $30 (plus $10 shipping) and it was accepted. Of course, I'll do a high-quality scan and upload to archive.org. In case I forget to update this thread with the link just check my account link: https://archive.org/details/@jeff_birt .
Back