• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. freakedenough

Gigabyte GA-5486AL / FinALi 486 PCI Chipset (ALi M1489/87) drivers?

I wonder if there were there any drivers or tools for the FinALi 486 chipset available for Windows 95 or DOS? Like for its integrated IDE controller to unlock higher PIO/MWDMA modes or change DMI table settings?
  2. freakedenough

"My Documents" as system icon under Windows 95

I use Windows 95OSR2.1 on my 486 and I would like to add a "system icon" (like "My Computer","Network Neighborhood") to my Desktop and Explorer trees which opens "C:\My Documents" folder, similar to the later implementation of Windows 98+. I've found something related to system icons here...
  3. freakedenough

Intensity bit issue on Epson Equity LT286 LCD

I have an EPSON PC AX Portable / EPSON Equity LT-286 and it comes with an issue how certain colors are displayed on the internal display. It looks like that the insensity bit causes the issue as it is always on for background colors, thus the light gray background color of the editor menu is...
  4. freakedenough

EPSON Equity LT-286 - is there a way to get Upper Memory Area (UMA) working?

I couldnt find any Epson-286 related information about UMB memory. It comes with 640KB onboard and has 4 SIMM slots with 1MB each. Currently I only use EMS and XMS via HIMEM.SYS and EMM286.EXE under PC-DOS 5.0. However, there are almost no DOS apps which would make proper use of EMS and XMS...
  5. freakedenough

The struggle to get parallel port network cards to work on a 286

I bought a Nixdorf 8810 M15. Its a portable PC from 1986 with a 10MHz 286. Since I have no standard expansion ports available (such as ISA), I tried to get two parallel port network cards to work, but I failed. - Xircom Pocket Ethernet III drivers says "loopback error", NON switch didnt help...
  6. freakedenough

Mysterious ISA "Daxon AC Card" that connects to Floppy and Serial Keys

I found a mysterious ISA "Daxon AC Card" in a 286 laptop that connects to floppy and serial port (as I assume) keys The card itself has a RS232 port on it and a header that connects to a key-slot-adapter. One pin is redirected to the floppy drive cable. Its obviously custom and was not original...
  7. freakedenough

Chicony LT3600 (LT3400, LT5300)

Hi guys, hopefully one of you has an old 286 or 386-class laptop from Chicony and its manual. Ive got a LT3600 and it has a broken screen (I guess the ribbon cable is damaged, touching it changes the garbage i see on the LCD), it has an external screen VGA port, however, when I plug it in and...
  8. freakedenough

Help fixing my Olivetti M24 SP

My M24 recently started to freeze with some garbage on the screen, also when idle-ing in the DOS-prompt. There are 512KB of memory soldered onto the motherboard and 128KB socketed. The socketed DIP16 ones were already replaced by me. However, I noticed that the issue persists as long as the M24...
  9. freakedenough

Need help identifing a memory board (ISA 16bit) from Tandy

Hi, does any of you know how much memory is actually installed on this board (I assume 1MB) and how to configure the Switches? It was/is installed in a Compaq Portable 386 ISA Expansion and the Portable counted its 2mb of 32bit RAM fast and then the 16bit ISA RAM way slower and showed me 3MB of...
  10. freakedenough

Use UMB on Olivetti M24(SP)

How do I make use of UMBs on my M24SP? There are obviously unused UMB available: A000-B7FF C000-D7FF DC00-EFFF But when I try to load USE!UMBS.SYS 2.2. on DOS 4.01 and then DOSMAX, my system will just freeze with a blinking cursor when DOSMAX should be loaded. It continues booting as normal if...
  11. freakedenough

ANSI.SYS Escape Code Resolution, Mode 6 on Olivetti M24(SP)

According to the MS-DOS manual of my M24 there is an ANSI.SYS support for 640x200b/w mode when switching to mode 6h (ESC[6h). This works for the command prompt itself, however it does not work for applications like the MS-DOS editor, which then cause only garbage on the screen. Is there any...
  12. freakedenough

Is there a way to have more than 2 colors in 640x200 mode on enhanced CGA adapters?

There are numerous computers like the Olivetti M24(SP)/AT&T PC 6300 and Compaq Portable III/386 which support a 640x400 mode with 2 colors (1bit) due to their enhanced CGA graphics cards having 32kb of memory. I wonder if there is a way to also display 640x200 with 4 colors (2bits) instead of...
  13. freakedenough

(Olivetti M24SP) WD1002S-WX2 recognizes hard drive sometimes as D instead of C

Hi guys, I have a strange issue with my Olivetti M24SP. Its WD1002S-WX2 Hard Disk/Floppy Controller sometimes recognizes the hard drive as drive D instead of C, causing problems during startup of DOS. Besides of the incorrect drive letter, everything else works fine. I already replaced the BIOS...
  14. freakedenough

Readjust Olivetti M24/AT&T 6300 monochrome CRT

How do I readjust the M24 monochrome CRT? It's clearly shifted off on the bottom left compared to the bottom right. Yet I haven't found any topic here that is about the M24 CRT.
  15. freakedenough

M24SP DB25 to DB9 adapter

Hi, the Olivetti M24SP has the following D-Sub 25 RGB output (I assume its analogue and not TTL digital as it works with VGA): and the Philips CM11342 has the following D-Sub 9 TTL or analogue RGB input: I need to build an adapter to connect them. The M24SP follows the CGA standard expect...
  16. freakedenough

Get rid of lines - Olivetti M24SP

I always wondered why my Olivetti M24 SP (AT&T 6300) displays a light blue color with lines. I found one "solution" via Google, but I'm not a English native and I simply do not understand what I should do now. What exactly does that mean? What do I have to do to get rid of the lines (blue...
  17. freakedenough

Clock driver for Olivetti M24 and AT&T 6300 - Assembler?

Well, who is able to program in 8086 Assembler? Can this tool be updated to work from 2016 on for another 4095 days?
  18. freakedenough

CGA color fix for Olivetti M24SP

Hello, I faced the following problem with my Olivetti M24SP: in text mode (mode bw80 and mode co80) light gray looks like low blue. this results in unreadable texts in some programs :-( can anyone help me with this? I'm using the original Olivetti CGA Card and monochrome monitor.
Back