• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

SunOS 4.1.4 DNS Support

If you are one of the three people still working on SunOS systems, you have likely tried to change libc to support DNS directly, vs. the default NIS support for name resolution. The Sun document SRDB ID: 3886 doesn't work correctly for 4.1.4 systems, and likely doesn't fully work for any system...
  2. S

SBUS 32MB Expansion Board (p/n 501-1823) in Sun IPX

If you want to make a clone of the 530-1814 cable, just wire two 8-pin 0.1 inch pcb mount headers with about 9cm of thin wire as follows, see the photo of the real cable - basically pin 1 -> pin 1 etc. A 1-1 mapping, except that in reality, the cable is rotated 180 degrees due to the orientation...
  3. S

I've answered this myself by actually finding a genuine 530-1814 cable - I'll post the wiring soon, but basically it's a 1-1 mapping with a 180 degree twist. What hadn't occurred to me was that the 501-1823 isn't actually designed to fit in the IPX (duh - that's why it's called a Sparcstation 2...
  4. S

Running Sunview as regular user, not root

I'm restoring an IPX running Sunos 4.1.4. If I try and launch sunview I get a bunch of permissions errors, and can only launch the main background/desktop window. Any other windows, such as the shell, don't open unless I start sunview as root. Any pointers? thanks, Simon
  5. S

I'm trying to get an SBUS 32MB expansion board working in a Sun Sparcstation IPX. The issue I'm having is that I don't have the flex cable 530-1814 to connect from the board to the motherboard SAX connector. I tried making a 1-1 cable, but once installed, the system wouldn't startup - not even...
  6. S

Sun 501-1823 32MB Primary SPARC 2 Expansion Board

Hi - I have one of these boards, but no flex cable to attach it to the motherboard. I've tried a home built cable, with 1-1 mapping, but the system failed to start up. Any advice, wiring diagram, photos of a real cable?? Thanks in advance! Simon
  7. S

Manual for WY-150 needed

Does anybody have a user manual/programmers manual for the WY-150 they could share? thanks, Simon
  8. S

SWTPC 8K Basic

Hi, Does anybody have a copy of SWTPC 8K basic they could share with me. I'd even take a paper listing if necessary. Simon
Back