• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

NT4 & Inspiron 7000

Hey All, I think this machine is a bit new for the subforum, but if anybody knows about this it's y'all. I recently inherited an Inspiron 7000 and decided what better for it to run than NT4. For the most part, I have the thing running beautifully....except...I cannot seem to upgrade IE past...
  2. T

IBM InfoWindow 3477 (P/N 69X8052)

Hey All, I found an IBM InfoWindow 3477 (P/N 69X8052) in my area for what I think is a pretty decent price ($40 local pickup). Before I jump into the purchase, I'm trying to figure out the following... 1) Can this terminal be fed via serial (either directly or via transceiver of some type)...
  3. T

Recognize this?

I was flipping through photo albums my parents have and came across our first "family" computer. 486 SLC2 50MHz, 8 MB EDO RAM, 250 MB Connor (I think) HDD of some sort, 2400 baud modem, Sound Blaster 16 /w a Sound Blaster CD (single speed that required caddies), 1.44 MB 3.5" FDD, onboard video...
  4. T

IBM PS/2 Model 80 & SoundPiper 16

Through another forum member, I recently obtained a MCA sound card (gasp!). The SoundPiper 16. However, I'm having a heck of a time getting it to work in Windows 3.x (I have tried both 3.1 and WFW 3.11) The card seems to work fine in DOS. Wolfenstein 3D and Commander Keen 4 & 5 exercise the...
  5. T

Unicomp Classic (Model M) 103 & 104-key

Well, it's not vintage exactly...more vintage themed/inspired I suppose... I have two Unicomp Classic keyboards I'm looking to sell. I have both the 103-key and 104-key version. Both barely used and under 6 months old. Both have a USB interface. Pictures of the 104-key: (Higher res...
  6. T

Windows 3.11 won't load after installing 5.25" floppy drive

I installed a 1.2MB 5.25" floppy drive in my 486 and now Windows 3.11 won't load. I'm not even sure where to begin to troubleshoot this! I have the BIOS set correctly with the A drive being the 1.44MB 3.5" drive and the B drive as a 1.2MB 5.25" drive. The systems seems completely happy in...
  7. T

IBM PS/2 Model 80 (Type 8580-321)

I gave my friend lutiana some help with sorting and cataloging a majority of the stuff from his storage haul. One of the ways he conveyed his thanks for my help was by giving me this IBM PS/2 Model 80 (Type 8580-321) from the hoard. It's my first dive into the PS/2 world and I'm pretty excited...
  8. T

Jill of the Jungle Issue (Specifically Jill 2)

Mods: Feel free to move this to the appropriate subforum if this is not the appropriate place to post. Amazingly one of my kids favorite retro games is Jill of the Jungle. The could spend hours watching me play, or simply watching the demo sequence. I have the entire series. Jill 1 and Jill...
  9. T

XT to AT Keyboard Adapter?

I acquired a Leading Edge DC-2014 keyboard from lutiana this past weekend. I like the feel of the keyboard (basically an IBM Model F clone and more-or-less the same feel as the coveted Model M) and would love to take it for a spin. However, I don't have a Leading Edge system or any XT based...
  10. T

Recommendations on DOS Terminal Emulator

Hey All, I want to play around with dialing into BBSes on my DOS/Win3.11 486 (yes, using a modem :D). What terminal emulation software would you recommend for this task? Thanks!
Back