• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. H

PiDP-10

I did not know that Oscar also was selling the PiDP8 and PiDP-11 via Tindie. Tindie "wants" a piece of the action, so either the price is up or Oscar loses some money on each unit he sells via Tindie. Ramping up PIDP10 is not so simple. They work from Panama with 3 to 4 guys assembling packages...
  2. H

PDP-11/34? in Cirencester, Wiltshire UK

Hard to say, without knowing the M numbers of the 2 CPU boards, whether FP and/or cache can be added. As far as I know, if you have the 11/34A you --can-- add PF/cache, but if not available, you can use the adjacent slots next to the CPU for other "normal" boards, starting with the full console...
  3. H

PDP-11/34? in Cirencester, Wiltshire UK

Never seen a BA11-K box in that (bad) shape. I would take out the backplanes and boards. Check the power "bricks" and dump the box. But I am not ik the UK :(
  4. H

PiDP-10

3 hours? Amazing! In total, I did the job in some 6 hours, 3 evenings ... My PiDP-10 is #23.
  5. H

PDP-11/20 runs UNIX V1 with UniBone devices

Hi Mark, indeed, time flies 🥴 Just one year to my retirement. Lots of plans for October, next year. My 11/35 also has core issues. My guess is that environment temperature is one of the possible causes ... Not yet, but I am pretty sure I will be buying a Unibone!
  6. H

PDP-11/20 runs UNIX V1 with UniBone devices

Way cool !! Maybe I should put my 11/20 at the top of the list of machines to check-out. It only has the CPU (n unknown state), no core memory or whatever. A Unibone would solve all issues to make this a working machine ...
  7. H

DEC units on ebay

Hi Mattis, so far, I only cleaned the LA30 🥴 I should have made it working after all this time, but still need to check things out. Time ... But I will retire in 22 months, then I will have time (I hope :whistle:)
  8. H

DEC units on ebay

The LA30 is a dot-matrix printer. Is has no friction feed for paper, only pin-feed. And the pin-feed paper is a non-standard size. To make things "worse", the pin-feed wheels cannot be moved, so you really need to have that non-standard pin-feed paper. As far as I know, the LA30 was the first...
  9. H

DEC RX02 Emulator - AK6DN

Ahh, yes. My goof. Of course, DIR would need to know which OS wrote the disk. Image dump to microSD is indeed enough. All "toying" can be done on a PC and SIMH. Still "serious candidate" :) (with a lot of patience, so no hurries)
  10. H

Don, that sounds very useful. I have lots (100++) "PDP-11" floppies, but checking them all out using a real PDP-11 running ... Your gizmo would be perfect for that task. I could do that at home, as I only need to get an RX02 at home, not a complete PDP-11 :) COPY and DIR seem to be the most...
  11. H

"Listening" to the PDP-11

That was very cool, thanks! I will have to do that experiment too :) Coincidentally, I just watched Star Trek: The Next Generation, episode "11001001", in which the Bynars hijack the Enterprise to save their world. They needed the Enterprise, because it is the only ship with the memory capacity...
  12. H

Maybe I should get a cup of coffee first, before asking ... Don, I understand the RX02_emulator: it emulates RX0[1|2] floppy drives, and connects to, for example, the RX211 (Unibus). I read that the RX02_controller emulates a connection to an RX0[1|2] drive (or RX02_emulator). The drive(s) or...
  13. H

Mentec M11

PDP-11/96 ??? Cool ;)
  14. H

I have PDP11GY's RL01/02 project ... one more kit I need to put to work when I am retired. What I wanted to say, is that his project allows a mix of _real_ *and* _simulated_ RL drives! Very handy to copy real RL data cartridges to flash and then examine them on a PC in SimH. No need to keep the...
  15. H

I also bought an RX02 simulator from Don, and still have to finish the assembly! But I am pretty sure it will soon be working 🔜
  16. H

New PCB based on AK6DN's RX02 emulator, now with an LCD menu

Ahhh, this board replaces Don's board. Still interested !!
  17. H

New PCB based on AK6DN's RX02 emulator, now with an LCD menu

If this board goes on top of Don's RX02 emulator, I'm in for a (preferably) complete kit. Just the bare board with a BOM would work too, but the matching display would be nice if that can be included. Going to GitHub to read up ... Nice job!
  18. H

PDP8/A (front panels wanted)

I *might* have the boot console. I do not have the programmer's console, and doubt (pretty sure) that the metal 11/34 programmer's console is different. Maybe the keypad is identical, but the LEDs left of the keypad is very different (but that is obvious :) ).
  19. H

an ODT for T-11

Thanks Pete, likewise, always nice to read your interesting cool projects. I will save this info, I may need it in the near future! (y)
  20. H

an ODT for T-11

I never assembled that board <ashamed>, have to search where I stored it ...
Back