• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Anything, really

I was looking at the for sale area, but it seems someone has snatched up everything already, so, does anyone have anything i can take off your hands, nothing in particular, just PM me if you have anything for sale,
  2. S

Where do you guys get all your vintage gear?

So i'm a bit new to this, all i got is a commodore 64, power brick, and a box of games on disk, so, I dont know where people get the stuff, aside from ebay, or knowing another collector personally, do i just get lucky at a thrift store, or do I go on craigslist, or what?
  3. S

Looking for a Commodore datasette unit

I'm looking for a datasette unit for my commodore 64, with a low price, sub $10, I don't care if it works or not, as long as I can repair it, that's OK, Just PM me with the details, thanks.
  4. S

Help connecting C64 to a VGA monitor

I bought a Commodore 64, all the stuff came in, and i have it powered, attached to the S-video to VGA converter, and have that connected with the monitor, but all the monitor does is display a dark blue screen. I disconnected the converter from the unit, and the screen still shows blue, so it is...
  5. S

A total noob getting a C64

Alright so a while back I wanted to get into this vintage computers thing, and I finally decided to bite the bullet on this. I bought a C64, power supply, and (hopefully :p) enough adapters to get it hooked up to my old VGA monitor. I also plan to buy a disk drive. Any of you well versed guys...
  6. S

Where to buy a 64?

So im looking for a Commodore 64 (preferably original breadbox version) and i dont want to deal with the high ebay prices. Where do i look to buy one?
  7. S

How to clean yoghurt out of a computer?

So my friend is willing to give me his windows 98 computer, but he says it's full of yoghurt (what) so I need to know how to get that all out without damaging the components. Thanks!
  8. S

How to safely open for repair

So i've been thinking of getting a macintosh plus, but im afraid if i open the screen, there will be big capacitors in it that can electrocute you. is that true?
  9. S

I'm New

Hey! This is my first foray into this hobby, and to be honest, i have no clue where to start! I've been wanting to get into this for a while. So if anyone can tell me the basics, i would really like that. Anyways, all introduction aside, what i really need to know from the people here is WHERE...
Back