• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. A

Basically brand New 1541, doesn't work.

so around 6 months ago i bought a 1541 drive as/is. finally came in yesterday, and i tried it out. (long story why it took so long) so when i try to load a disk i get a file not found error, or something like that, and the read light flashes. (basically 2 flashes per second, no pauses if that...
  2. A

I need a new vic 20 "8" key and stem

mine broke.
  3. A

Vic 20 C-39 - Is it required?

the large 4700uf 16v capacitor in my Vic was always leaked since i got the computer. After like 5 years, i actually decided to remove it. Is a new cap required though, i ordered one, but i noticed it will run without it... what does it do though? i feel like run it without the cap is dangerous...
  4. A

C2N Datasette edge connector inside of drive....

I was wondering why there was a edge connector on the inside of the C2N drive for commodore computers.... what does it do, or was supposed to do? i'm kind of curious...
  5. A

Looking for a IBM Ps/2 Floppy drive (or comparable drive) (P/N 90X6766)

Somebody told me to move this question to the marketplace. so, im looking to possibly replace my drive with a P/N 90X6766 style one, if i can't get a regular one to work on it. so, if you guys have one you want to trade/sell, for a reasonable price, let me know.
  6. A

Mitsubishi MF355W-99M3 Type drive edge connector pinnout

Hey, i was just wondering if anybody knows what the pinnout for this type of drive is? im trying to replcae it with a newer drive, but i need to know the pinnout. I know that all the back pins are ground, like a regualar, but because the power is included, so it's weird...
  7. A

Looking for a IBM Ps/2 Floppy drive (or comparable drive)

Hey people, i'm looking into a new drive, so if you got one for a reasonable price, let me know.
  8. A

IBM PS/2 Model 30 (8086)

Hey people, i got a IBM PS/2 Model 30 with a 720k disk drive... only problem is that it stopped working a while ago, and after a lot of fiddling around with disks, and cleaning, the best i could get it to do is say something like "disk boot error". any ideas, i would use the hard drive, but that...
Back