• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

DEC the Halls with Old Time Hardware!

All I want for Christmas is a PDP-11/93! Merry Christmas, all!:xmas: -Ken
  2. K

FPJ11 Technical Documentation Needed if Possible

Hello DECheads, Perhaps my google'ing skills are lacking, but I can't seem to come up with any design worthy documentation for the FPJ11, the floating point chip companion to the DCJ11. For most, it's just a socket on the CPU board that you plug the part into and I understand. The best so far...
  3. K

Qbus Interface Design Collaboration

Hello again DECheads, I've noticed what seems to be an increasing interest in prototyping hardware for the Qbus. I, for one, am tinkering on a Qbus processor board as is Peter (cbscpe on VCFED). There's also a recent VCFED post by w3llschmidt indicating a need for Qbus design templates. I'm...
  4. K

DC319 in VHDL - any interest?

Hi DEC Forum Folks, As a part of my earlier posted "World's Fastest Real DCJ11" project I recently realized that I needed a few DL software compatible serial ports, so I re-investigated the once prolific DC319 that I designed into numerous products way back when. Although I have a few dusty...
  5. K

Paint Codes for DEC Cabinets

Hello, y'all, Does anyone have an idea of what the color codes are that DEC used for the PDP? I have an old 11/23 front panel and would like to repaint it for a project. Or, has anyone found a close match in a commercial paint? -Ken
  6. K

"A Walk Through The Mill" - In case you've never been there.

Hello All DEC Heads (Sounds a bit off, but I'll employ creative license), It's been a while since I've had time to post here, but I do follow along when I can. One of my supervised "job jar" activities today was cleaning out a bin with many boxes of my past business documents. There, I came...
  7. K

The World's Fastest Real PDP-11

Hello everyone in DECland, My wife says I'm crazy on a regular basis, but I need my papers to prove it. So, simply put, I'd like to build it. Yes, the world's fastest PDP-11. I'm not talking about emulators, I'm talking about a DCJ-11 clocking along at 20+ megahertz! How fast can it go? How...
  8. K

The rtVAX300 - an obscure and mysterious DEC embedded processor

In my recent thread "Vintage Custom DCJ-11 based Single Board Computer" I alluded to designing with a microVAX at one point in my circuit design history. The DEC product I was referencing was an rtVAX300. Anyone ever heard of it? Probably very few folks that do. Well, sometime in the early '90's...
  9. K

Vintage Custom DCJ-11 based Single Board Computer

Hello to all that are unselfishly keeping DEC vintage iron alive. I salute you. I'm a retired hardware engineer that designed a number of single board computers beginning in the '80s based on the DCJ11 and later the microVAX and then the Alpha 21164. I guess I'm getting nostalgic (or worse), but...
Back