• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Ragnarock

Xerox 820-II revival!

I don't think I can put a FB link here so search on "Xerox 820 CP/M Computer" in groups
  2. Ragnarock

Xerox 820-II revival!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/519688449587493
  3. Ragnarock

Xerox 820-II revival!

Great, the 820 is a good solid, yet boring-looking, machine. I've got one with dual floppy drives, and 2 with hard drives but neither of the hard disks work. There's an 820 group on FB.
  4. Ragnarock

Do you have an Arrick Quick Switch printer switch box with card edge connectors?

Would anyone happen to have an old Arrick Quick Switch from the early 80s in their junk bin? They had card edge connectors for the TRS80 I and III. We made a few thousand. Several hundred were hand nibbled and hand-lettered by me early on. Lots were sold here in the DFW area through computer...
  5. Ragnarock

Texas Arrick Quick-Switch Printer switch for TRS80

Would anyone happen to have an old Arrick Quick Switch from the 80s in their junk bin? They had card edge connectors to match TRS80 I and III. We made a few thousand. Several hundred were hand nibbled and hand-lettered by me early on. Lots were sold here in the DFW area through computer stores.
  6. Ragnarock

Texas Televideo 910 40-pin chip 70200

I need the 40-pin DIP chip labeled 70200 in this Televideo 910. Anyone have an extra or know where to get one? Or know anything about it?
  7. Ragnarock

Texas Looking for IBEX dual 8" floppy drive box

I'm looking for an IBEX dual 8" floppy drive box to restore my system to completion. Ibex was a CPM machine back in the early 80s. -Roger in TX
  8. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

So here's part of what's going on with my 8 serial ports, these 4-port serial boards from Sigma are numbered opposite of DEC's DLV11-J. This sigma board has the port numbers from left to right J4, J3, J2, J1, and DECs is J1, J2, J3, J4. You'd think if someone was gonna clone a board they'd put...
  9. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

Semi-weird, this distribution board (1 PCB with 8 DB25) from top to bottom appears to be ports 3,2,1,0 (Console),7,6,5,4. With females on 3,2,0,7 and males 1,4,5,6. I realize the 40 pin cables could be switched, and the board switched, but that's not how this was made. Can anyone explain the...
  10. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

On the back of this SMS there are 8 RS232 ports connected to 2 quad port QBus boards. The 4th one down is my console at 9600 baud. That's obviously line 0. So which connectors would be logically connected to 1 and 2? This physical arrangement doesn't make sense.
  11. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

Here is CALAY.BAK %CONFIGURATION FOR CALAY USA SPRACHE ENGLISCH PROZESSOR QBUS 23 WORKFILESIZE 300 LIZENZNUMMER 25 MEMORYGROESSE 836 DEVICE 0 VT52 DEVICE 1 BIDP40 DEVICE 2 VT52 UNIT C MIL % COORDINATE UNIT S MIL % SIZES %DEVICE 4 BIDP40 GRAPHIK 5...
  12. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

Attached is a file that WAS .LST on the Calay machine, I renamed to .TXT so I could attach here.
  13. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

UPDATE on the SMS11 CALAY disk file Archive. The system boots solidly into RT11SJ V4. I want to capture all 503 files (binary and otherwise) down to my PC for preservation FIRST! Some have suggested PDP11GUI but I dont see any specifics on downloading files, am I missing some basic load and...
  14. Ragnarock

Has someone written a BIOSGEN

Wouldnt you say the vast majority of CP/M systems use 177x, 179x disk controllers? Some with DMA, some not, but there's a small number of DMA chips, at various addresses. A collection of drivers for FDC and console I/O could also be offered in addition to parameterized I/O where the user...
  15. Ragnarock

I think it could be done for the popular UARTs of the time along with the port address settings, And polled 1771 FDC. That's enough to create a bootable system
  16. Ragnarock

Has someone written a BIOSGEN where we enter the various hardware and port addresses, UARTs, FDC, etc to build a custom BIOS for CP/M? That should be do-able. Could create .ASM or even assembled code to do a SYSGEN.
  17. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

Ok, I got it, I transferred the first file, here's what I had to do in kermit on the SMS machine: SET LINE 0 SET SPEED 9600 SEND ASSY.BAK Get doesn't work on the PC side. Will work on wildcards now. looks like I'll be able to archive this Calay HD files.
  18. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

Help. I got Kermit running on the SMS machine at LINE 2, 9600, and teraterm works. But Kermit wont send files from the SMS, just waits. I tried to set line to 1 but it says in use. There are 8 serial ports on this machine (2 cards with 4 each. The console is running from the 4th connector...
  19. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

I now have connection to the SMS Calay machine via USB/RS232 to my PC and teraterm. 9600b. For some reason teraterm's record feature records garbage regardless of my port settings, but I can see everything fine on the screen. Here is the alphabetical DIR I captured with just Cut-n-paste from...
  20. Ragnarock

SMS11X PDP11

Run what program under windows? I'm awaiting a new USB/RS232 converter and will easily be able to terminal to it. And some windows terminal programs will have Kermit. But what about boot sectors and stuff? Arent those special and not normal files in a directory, just like CPM?
Back