• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Pocket 386

That's awesome concept! I would go for bigger form factor with floppy and better keyboard! If I only have time and skills to do that. Sounds great though It's alright working for basic stuff. I prefer to use Windows 3.11 there though and I go to 95 if the program needs Win 9x. Early 95/3.1...
  2. K

Pocket 386

Main point of pocket386 is not because it's cheap for more than it worth. For me Book 8088 v2 and Pocket386 are the only books, representing experience from 80s and 90s I want to use in 2024, cause they are small and have color active screen first! Oldest books worth to use in my collection are...
  3. K

Book 8088 discovery and modification thread

Thanks, but yeah, that's not what I wanted. Not a big fan of Floppy emulators. Would be cool to make small controller, single floppy for that pin-connector at the back
  4. K

It would be cool if somebody can design a box combining controller and 3.5 drive together and all that beauty could be connected to the ISA pins at the back. I tried multiple storages connected to USB... Only CF (card readers) and USB sticks work.... No FDDs... I have several. off topic: I...
  5. K

Is it possible to find better quality keyboard? ☺️
  6. K

Interesting. Never worked on any of my XT laptops... Will investigate more. Neither with other driver though.... Failed to initialize card. Same card and adapter on Compaq LTE Elite 486 laptop or LTE 5000 no problem. As I mentioned XT tower PC as well no problem...
  7. K

Is it possible to make another sound card, like simple sound blaster to have another option for book 8088, other than AdLib or this port is dedicated to AdLib only? I know about PicoGUS project (60pin edition)
  8. K

I still really want to know if this requires any special key to work? Or just device=sddrv.sys? none of XT laptops, including book 8088 reacting on SDLPT. 486+ laptops are fine, XT tower is fine too, but I don't need this device there.
  9. K

I can't make sdlpt work with any of my 8088 laptops, included book 8088 It works with xt tower no problem and with 486+ laptop. Any option you added to sddrv.sys?
  10. K

FS : XT-ide expansion card for Toshiba Portables CF T1200 T1600 T3100 T5100 T5200

Adding my voice here. Looking forward to have one on of those cards fro my t1100 plus
  11. K

Tandy 1400LT batteries.

I did. https://www.batteryspace.com/nicdbatterypack12v3ahcx10forsolarpanelemergencylighting.aspx Works good! I replaced both connectors and part of the cable for PSU as well. Mine was corroded. The only thing is charger inside Tandy is not charging enough in my experience. I bought from them...
Back