• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. B

Dual group DC-4000. Interesting laptop, which has no information about.

Dual Group was a Taiwanese OEM that manufactured a lot of PC peripherals in the 1980s. They had a US office in Torrance, CA. (from PC Mag) According to this snippet they were founded in 1982: I couldn't find any information about the DC-4000 in particular besides the FCC ID but there's some...
  2. B

Compaq Portable 286 Sprague line filter (JN17-5259E) autopsy

This is not so much a request for advice but rather documenting the innards of a not-so-common part for a Compaq Portable 286. It's the Sprague line filter unit (JN17-5259E) which houses the Class X and Y capacitors as well as the mains power connector, fuse and switch. When I first powered...
  3. B

Zenith Data Systems Z-Star (ZPR-6950-KI) - Correct orientation of processor board?

Huzzah! Yep, triangles should overlap, thanks for confirming! Huh, I didn't even know there was a hard drive in this thing. I wonder why they would keep that but not the processor and keyboard.
  4. B

Zenith Data Systems Z-Star (ZPR-6950-KI) - Correct orientation of processor board?

Can anyone verify the correct orientation of the processor board for the Zenith Z-Star notebook? I bought mine for super cheap at a swap meet, but it was missing the processor board and keyboard for some odd reason. I bought the unobtanium parts off eBay, and they just arrived, but I'm not sure...
Back