• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

WTB - NEC Multisync JC-1401P3A

Looking for a 240V version of a NEC Multisync JC-1401P3A Does anyone have a working one (UK preference for collection) to sell? Steve
  2. T

Tandy 2000HD - Power Supply Question

I've recently acquired a Tandy 2000HD. My first one, so this is all a learning exercise!! This system is a US variant and my intent it to covert it to 220V operation for use in the UK. So, my reading so far has indicated that this is very simple, but I'd like to check with the 2000 experts...
  3. T

FreHD PiC programming

To get a FreHD working for a friend in a hurry I swapped a PIC from a spare FreHD into his. He managed to cook his. Long story. So I’ve a Dataman programmer which can program many PICs in the ZIF but does anyone know the configuration to get the PIC to programme correctly? The programme...
  4. T

Model 16 - A new family member is born

Over the Christmas period, a new Model 16 was born, upgrade from my Model 2 with currently a 6Mhz standard CPU card, and 256Kb of RAM while i wait for a replacement 4164 for the second memory card. All working, and mother and father are very proud. As with all new borns, there are issues, in...
  5. T

Model 16 - Sunday ramblings

OK, first up, whilst this is fascinating, i'm completely out of my depth (just setting your estimations). Over the past few weeks there has been huge changes in the M16 world, with PAL's being available, burst mode conversions, and Xenix 3.3 updates. However, how about............ A little...
  6. T

Model 16 - Type 4 Hard Drive Controller card - Primary / Secondary Connectors

Quick question as I've got my Model 16 in bits, and i'm spending some time cleaning and reassembling. The connectors on the Type 4 card allows for Primary and Secondary drives to be installed. Primary (appears) to be the pins on the card, and the secondary the connectors on the edge. The...
  7. T

Model 16 - Power Supply - Long Hex Driver method

Can anyone articulate the process for removing the Power Supply (Replacing with a Meanwell) in a Model 16A using the Klien long driver method? I can clearly see, and have removed the 2 hex screws near the screen end, but now I'm baffled on what next.
  8. T

Model 16 - Power supply - FIRE!

OK, well not quite fire, but smoking..... From a quick view, from the two rubber wrapped inductors between the 4 electrolytics in a row. System was operating fine, just took the lid off to measure for a replacement IDC cable. Lucky! Anyone experienced this before? Steve
  9. T

HXC2001 and Xenix floppies

I've used a HXC2001 on both my pimped M1 and my M16A successfully for ages. But I am totally confused on using it under Xenix, as *every* floppy from the Model2Archive in Xenix format is failing. For example, if I do install from Xenix, i get a BE10 error, which as shown in the thread below...
  10. T

Model 16A - HDC type 4 + DREM issue

Trying out a newly acquired type #4 hard disk controller in a Model 16A using a DREM as a MFM disk. The DREM has one of Pete's kindly hosted disk images as the boot image. I've tried 3 or 4 of them with the same result. Log is as below: Drive 0: CFG Name "Seagate ST4053 44.5M"...
  11. T

Model 1 - ROM select line mod

I've been chatting with Mav via FB over this hack to my very modded M1 (see other thread on Video Chain issues), and we're both stumped as to why is been done: The wiring is on the Back of the left ROM socket, Z33. Also, but i think this maybe some track cut / repair is this between Z33, and...
  12. T

Model 1 - Video Divider Chain issues

Given the extending lock down, i've been working my way through my backlog of projects to do. My M16 is coming along, and my TRS-NIC is coming along. But, I have a *heavily* modified Model 1 which was DOA when I got it a while back. It has the version "D" motherboard, so has the cassette mod...
  13. T

Model 16 - Power Supply connectors - Floppy Disk

Slowly my Model 16 moves towards being "modern" with a HCX2001 floppy disk emulator replacing one of the slimelines, and if DHL ever delivery my parcel, a DREM to become the hard drive for the system. Now, wiring it all together is a bit of a mess at the moment, so I'm looking to connect it all...
  14. T

Model 16 - Removing Floppy Disk Drives

Drive 1 in my Model 16 spins, but i think the head servo is stuck. It doesnt visibly step. So, time to get it out, and to see what can be done to save it. However, how the heck to do you remove it?! So, top is off, front fascia is off, but it appears that the whole chassis slides forwards to...
  15. T

WTB - TRS-80 Model 16 Hard Disk interface card

Want to buy a Hard Disk interface/controller card for a TRS-80 Model 16 (or 12, etc). I'm UK based. Steve
  16. T

Model 16 - CPU cards

Through the generosity of a fellow forum member, I have this weekend become the honored and proud owner of a Model 16, 26-6002. Absolutely lovely condition, bar a few little signs of age. One of the things I would love to do with my 16 is run Xenix, however the system has the stock 6Mhz which...
  17. T

UK TRS-80 Model 1 with 260-9800 hi-res graphics addon - debugging

I've acquired a TRS-80 Model 1, with a UK only Tandy supplied 260-9800 hi-res graphics addon. This is an official add-on from Tandy with an external box containing the increased video ram, and a custom character generator on a daughterboard. A number of wires come from the daughter board to the...
  18. T

Alternatives for TRS-80 Model 1 floppy disk drives

I've just returned to my youth and got a Model 1 L2 system which is absolutely mint. The system still even has all the stickers holding down the access flaps for the expansion interface and doesnt have any modification at all. However, I'm now looking ahead to getting an expansion interface...
Back