• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. K

Xt-ide on ibm eduquest finally cracked

So a follow up. I now have an Eduquest 40 as well and it has the same built in BIOS limitations. But by installing an XTIDE and disabling the shadow ROM and the fixed disk, the XTIDE takes over and I’m running a 2GB CF card instead. Even if I disable the disk if the shadow ROM is enabled it...
  2. K

IBM EduQuest 30/Thirty - RTC won't keep time

I know this is old but here is my experience and what I think is happening. The issue seems to be with setting the time in the BIOS setup itself. There is some kind of software bug that prevents it from working. However if I set the date and time through DOS (or Windows) it works correctly.
  3. K

So I've been doing more experimentation. On my Eduquesto model 30, I actually found the XTIDE is fully compatible with the DOS ROM and ROM DISK in place. I cant' say whether this would be the case for the later models, but on my Eduquest 30, everything just works. However I do disable the...
  4. K

Because the original BIOS is limited to 528MB and even though it supposedly has auto detect, it often doesn’t work and you have to enter the drive geometry manually. Also for things like CF cards they can be powered through the IDE connector if there is 5v there. Many OE IDE connectors lack the...
  5. K

I have to say even though this is an old topic and my intent is not to revive it, here was my experience. I have an Eduquest Thirty. As reported the system has both a DOS ROM and a ROM disk. I have a Glitchworks XTIDE. I simply removed the DOS and ROM Disk ROMs but left the ROM in its socket...
  6. K

Replace original bios

I have a Bondwell b310 laptop that has a bad hard drive. It has a very limited set of configurations it supports and am trying to get a solution that would let me do a CF card instead. So can I replace the bios with one that will be more versatile? I was thinking the XTIDE BIOS but don’t know...
  7. K

Bondwell B310 No Activity

Figured this is as good a place as any go see what someone might know or have suggestions on. What I e got is a no activity condition. I can power it on, and the power light and caps and fn LEDs light up. No other lights come on or blink and it never boots, not even to BIOS. I’ve checked for...
  8. K

Floppy drive format issues

Wondering if you guys can help me out. I own several vintage machines and one of them, my Tandy 1000sx has an issue with the 3.5” floppy drive. Basically if I put in a DSDD disk and format it, the format comes out at 360k instead of 720k. If I enter “format a: /f:720” or “format a: /t:90 /n:9”...
Back