• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Commodore 1084ST vertical rolling display

Hi all, I managed to get my 1084ST working again from being dead but with one "slight" problem, the display rolls vertically. Could anyone direct me to what the most likely cause of this would be? Thanks
  2. S

Commodore 128 color problem

Hello all, I have a problem with my Commodore 128 that I have not been able to make any progress with and I am hoping someone out there can help... The colors are faded to the point where it looks like a black and white screen. Although, after a few minutes, some "colour" will appear at...
  3. S

XT-IDE Commodore PC20

Hello all, In my on going quest - it feels more like the trials of Hercules now - to get my PC20 working, I built a XT-IDE card. I believe the card is working as the machine detects it on startup...but it does not recognize my IDE hard drive. Would anyone know why that maybe? The hard drive...
  4. S

My "new" IBM 5160

Hello all, I have just acquired an IBM 5160 complete with a hard drive and 3.5" HD disk drive. I didn't think a HD drive was possible on an XT but I assume the BIOS has been upgraded? My question is, as a complete novice with these machines, what checks should I do to the hardware to ensure...
  5. S

Commodore PC 20 III Boot from 3.5" drive

Hi all, I am desperately trying to get my PC20 working and seem to be having difficulty at every stage. The supplied XITE drive no longer works. The ISA IDE card I bought doesn't appear to be recognized and more importantly for now, I can't get the system to use the 3.5" drive as a boot...
  6. S

Macintosh Classic black and white pattern on start up?

Hi all, I have come into possession of a few old Macs and as I know nothing about them, I hope you guys can help! The first displays a rather interesting patter on start up. Please view the image and give me your thoughts. Thanks.
  7. S

Digipro CD-1038 Monitor

Hi all I recently acquired a Digipro CD-1038 monitor assuming it would have a standard VGA 15pin connector. I was hoping to connect it to my C64 or Spectrum via a composite to VGA converter. I have since learnt that it may not be that simple and that these monitors were made for bespoke POS...
Back