• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Text corruption after BIOS on internal LCD only, external display fine on Portable PC III (Orchid)

I have a Portable PC III by Orchid Systems - a 386 compaq portable III clone that takes a regular MB with a special video card for the LCD. Plugging in a VGA monitor, everything works fine - the initial BIOS boot screen, and then DOS afterwards. Using the internal LCD screen instead, the BIOS...
  2. J

Toshiba T1200 laptop User Manual

Toshiba T1200 laptop User Manual I scanned it myself as I couldn't find it online anywhere, only the service manual https://archive.org/details/toshiba-t-1200-user-manual
  3. J

Rebuilding Toshiba T1200 Main Battery Pack (Suggestions on replacement cells)

I've opened up main battery on my Toshiba T1200 laptop, PA7491U 7.2V 2200 mAh, I assume nicad cells. Took a bunch of pictures to help others in the future. I basically cut it open along the seam with a utility knife. It looks like it has some weird leaking cells that were 25mm x 100mm, with some...
  4. J

My 4P Drive Switch Mod

I added a drive select switch to my 4P and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I'm a bit of a novice so I adapted a lot of existing sources, so I wanted to make a thread with high res pictures and tips I wish I'd had when I started this. First, I swapped out the LED on the gotek since I...
  5. J

Found some old Kaypro boards

I was given an old Kaypro about 10 years ago, I was never really use it. It had no disks, and I got a boot disk through the mail, but it still didn't like it. I was in high school at the time, and ended up having to throw it out to to save space, but I did strip out the guts. I've gotten...
Back