• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

Lookin' for RT-PC 6150: 6100 mouse and/or stylus for 5083 graphic tablet

As stated: I'm lookin' for RT-PC 6150: 6100 mouse and/or stylus for 5083 graphic tablet. Thanks ! ------------ My online collection: http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer
  2. S

Philips CM-201 CD reader

Hi ! I've found a CM-201 Philips CD, with its original card and drivers, but I can't figure out how to insert the cd into it. May be it's missing some part (the front panel is open ...) I opened it, and there's no servomechanism to load/eject ... it should be a pure mechanical one (may be it...
  3. S

Dead capacitors

Hi ! I want to share my little experience ... In the spare time, I service/refurbish old HW (motherboards, expansion cards), and in the 99% of the cases it ends up replacing an electrolitic capacitor (usually short in 808x/80286, "fried" in newer HW). The most frequent are shorted filter...
  4. S

IBM PC Cassette interface

Someone knows the pinout of the cassette interface of an IBM PC 5150 ? Which cassette recorders can be used ? Thanks
  5. S

Original AT 5170 battery pack voltage

I'm servicing my *new* IBM 5170, and its battery pack is ... gone to the dogs ... Someone knows the exact voltage ? It's a 3.6 V battery pack or 4.8/6 ? I opened the pack and found 4 AAA size (or similar) batteries, with no markings ... I snapped in a normal 3.6 V external battery: the CMOS...
  6. S

IBM 5170 (AT) memory size error

Hi ! I ran across an old IBM 5170 (type I MB) to be ... resurrected. After having changed the bit 7 chip of bank 0 (I got a 00000 0080 201 error), the system booted, I ran setup and configured it (with a new battery, of course !). But the system sees 384K memory ... with all the four rows full...
Back