• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. D

Borland Turbo C 2.01 vs Turbo C++ 3 for CGA game

I've put together a proof-of-concept graphical interactive fiction game engine (think OO-Topos, Mindshadow, etc...) using Borland Turbo C 2.01. It's intended to run on an original IBM 5150 with CGA graphics and so far requires roughly 256k RAM. It's also using ASM routines I've written for...
  2. D

Looking for fast Turbo C 2.01 screen copy routine for CGA graphics

Are there any tried-and-true (and fast) routines available online for Turbo C 2.01 for copying a full 16k buffer to CGA video RAM? Either native C or ASM is fine. Thanks!
  3. D

Question about Turbo C and changing memory models

First off, apologies for my last thread where I came in guns blazing without a proper introduction. :D I'm along time developer in the midwest USA who has recently had my love of 8 and 16 bit era computing rekindled by several retro projects and games I've seen on YouTube. I've decided to dive...
  4. D

Are there any GIF libraries that will work with 16-bit x86 and CGA?

Does anyone know of any older libraries that will simplify the loading, decompression, and display of static (non-animated) GIF files in CGA mode 04h (320x200x2 bpp)? I'm specifically targeting the 8088/8086 and I'm not picky about the language - if it can decompress and display images...
Back