• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. N

Ressurecting Old Laser Printer Toner Cartridges

I have a number of older laser printers that work great, except its getting harder to find functional toner cartridges for them. My favorite printers in my collection are an HP LaserJet IIIp and a LaserJet 5n. I have a number of toner cartridges for both of them, but they all produce prints with...
  2. N

Floppy Disc(s) Fail (40) after replacing battery in Dallas RTC

Finally had a chance to try a few things: 1. I tried a different 5.25" drive and it worked perfectly. 2. Ran ImageDisk. The drive responded to my commands but I noticed something. By the time I got to about track 60, the head in the drive was already at the extent of its travel. When I went...
  3. N

Thanks for the replies. It is strapped for dual density and DS2 (in a DS{1..4} selection). I had previously removed the TM jumper since the drive was not at the end of the cable. Since it is drive B, I placed it before the twist. Still, I reinstalled the TM jumper and still have the same...
  4. N

Hi Folks, I have a Pentium II system with a 3.5" floppy (drive A) and 5.25" floppy (drive B) connected to the onboard FDC controller. Motherboard uses a Dallas DS12B887 RTC which I just had to modify with an external battery. After I replaced the battery, I loaded default BIOS settings and went...
  5. N

Tandon TM-100-2A Floppy Drive Can't Adjust Speed

Hello, This is my first post here but I've been tinkering with old computers for 15+ years now (not that I pretend to know what I'm doing :p ). I'm working to resurrect an IBM 5160 with a host of issues (but I'll bring them up one at a time!). Today, I'm working on the Tandon TM-100-2A floppy...
Back