• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. S

trsnic Is a TRS-80 Network Interface Card

I saw that project. Specifically I was hoping someone was selling the chip pre-programmed. I don't/haven't had enough reasons to invest in a programmer.
  2. S

trsnic Is a TRS-80 Network Interface Card

Digging up an old thread.....is anyone selling these boards these days?
  3. S

TRS-80 Model III FreHD issues

Thanks Patrick. I double checked. It's correct and in the correct orientation. The power supply turns on when it is disconnected from the motherboard.
  4. S

Ok. Progress has been made. I replaced my OEM power supply with one of Jay's brand new replacements. Same result. No life. I discovered if the top connector is connected.....the one that goes to the main board, the power supply wont start. I disconnect that and it's happy. So there must be a...
  5. S

Patrick, No luck. I get no response from the keyboard. Break does nothing. Reset does nothing. I got 2 volts from the wiring harness. I'll check at the power supply next.
  6. S

COVID has significantly slowed down my troubleshooting! I didn't even have the energy to poke around with the meter. But I'm back! I had a loose edge connector on the motherboard so I reflowed it....with no change. I reassembled the machine and started it up. No response. A quick light from the...
  7. S

Looks like I have bigger problems. At some point during the disassembly and reassembly, the computer has stopped working. There's no life from the monitor and the keyboard is not responding. I need to recheck my connections and get out the multi-meter.
  8. S

Yes. You sent me an image via email.
  9. S

I just installed a FreHD with the autoboot ROM into my Model III and I'm not getting anywhere. I used someone else's known good SD card image and I can't seem to get it to boot. To troubleshoot, so far I have replaced the ribbon cables from the FDC and the RS232 boards. I cleaned the drive...
  10. S

TRS-80 Model III Drive Images

Yes. I installed the autoboot EPROM on the board and put the autoboot file in the root of the SD card.
  11. S

TRS-80 Model III Drive Images

I've been working on a Model III that I rescued a couple of years ago. I've made some repairs along the way and I finally decided to tackle a Gotek and a FreHD. While I'm waiting on a new set of flat ribbon cables.....they disintegrated....of course....I thought I would try and get a HDD image...
  12. S

TRS-80 Model III Floppy Question

Hi all. I've recently resurrected a TRS-80 Model III with 48k of ram. I've flashed a Gotek and added an OLED and rotary encoder to it. I'd like to leave the dual 5 1/4's in the machine and use the Gotek as an external drive. So that leaves me with a couple of questions. 1. I believe I should be...
Back