• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. J

Memory Locations for Games

I noticed that for many Commodore 64 games, the programmer likes to use the memory area $A000-BFFF for part of the code. If there is plenty of room in the regular RAM area, what is the purpose for using the underlying RAM under the BASIC ROM? Is there an advantage to using this area?
  2. J

Modifying Machine Language Games

On a particular game, how do I find the code that controls the number of lives a player gets? I would like to change it to 99 lives, so I can keep playing and explore all the levels. The games in question are "Shamus" and "Jumpman Junior" Thanks
  3. J

Smooth Text Scrolling on C-64

I noticed in some machine language programs on the C-64, there is smooth (pixel-by-pixel) scrolling text, like a banner. This doesn't seem possible in BASIC, where only character-by-character scrolling is possible. How do the programmers accomplish this in ML?
  4. J

Sound Effects and Music in ML

On many games on the Commodore 64, there are complex sound effects and music. How are these written in machine language? Do they take a lot of time to develop? Is there any information on programming sound and music in machine language?
  5. J

Vic-20/C64 RESTORE Key

On some games, pressing the RESTORE key by itself will restart the game. How is this done?
  6. J

C-64 Source Code for Basic and Kernal

Are there any websites that list the assembly source code for the Basic (A000-BFFF) and Kernal operating system (E000-FFFF)? Thanks Jeff
Back