• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM 8512 (Sync Polarity Issues)

Hello everybody, One of my dreams was rebuilding the first IBM PS/2 that I had. But it's near impossible to find the same computer with payable prices. (PS/2 50z with 8513). I acquired many years ago one 8556sx, not the same buy is something. Recently I found an 8512 monitor that was totally...
  2. Carles20VT

Monochrome MDA/CGA monitor - no HV, cut video cable, no pinout

Hello Vein, I have the same monitor with the same problem (found with all wires cut). I'm trying to rebuild it but I had no luck trying to find some schematic or anything. I would be happy if you can share the pinouts that you find to try with my monitor. 🍻 Mine has some differences with...
  3. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM CGA Card

The IC arrived at home sooner as expected. So I just installed it when I finished the work. (I can't wait a minute more). So I soldered it, put it on a test board (good known 386 board) with the POST card attached, and it started! Look at this!!! We have an image! And the POST card shows...
  4. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM CGA Card

Only a minor update. I have just removed the U66 and prepared the board to install the replacement. I removed the tape and tested it. The computer boots, and nothing happens. So, it is promising! :D
  5. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM CGA Card

Yup! I tried it and I usually do it with the same method you describes.In this case it is not he case :( ¡¡¡Thanks for this helpful info modem7!!! I tested a cheap CGA clone, and I can see some small voltage decrements at some point. After trying it at IBM dead CGA, I find that it is always...
  6. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM CGA Card

Hello guys, I'm trying to rebuild my IBM PC/AT 5170, and now I'm trying to revive the original video card. It's an original IBM CGA adapter. When you plug it on the computer or any other system, it hangs it without doing anything. I put in a POST card to see what happens, but no code is...
  7. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM PC AT 5170 Type 2 board

​Helo to all, Finally, I have good news :D First of all, sorry for the long reply. I was busy, and I couldn't find time to work with the board until now. The problem was a Bios socket!!! As stupid as it. After some EPROMs changes, I can see how sometimes the diagnostic ROM starts to display...
  8. Carles20VT

Reviving an IBM PC AT 5170 Type 2 board

Hello to all members! I'm trying to revive my IBM PC AT 5170 with Type 2 Mainboard. It's completely dead and no bot. The short history was I killed it :rolleyes:. Long history... When I was very young, a school teacher give me this computer when school decommissioned all old computers in...
Back