• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

Help, I am lookin for a modifacation for my model 1 system

Hi Guys, a friend gave me his old EI with 0k of memory, he had modified his keyboard to use 64k memory. I want to add memory to the EI now is there anything I need to undo? Also is there any place that has a knowledge base of various mods for the Model 1? Thanks Rick
  2. R

Problem with Expansion Interface

Hi Guys, Thanks for the previous help bringing up my old model 1 unit. Now I am trying to get the Expansion Interface to come online. when I power on the keyboard everything works great. When I connect my original EI things go wacko... the MEM Size comes up then a very brief pause then text...
  3. R

Question about FreHD Auto Boot Rom

First off let me say that I am in process of resurrecting my old Model 1. I had many issues such as bad regulator, bad system memory, bad video memory, bad keys on keyboard. The keyboard section now comes up fine. I then installed the FreHD Auto boot rom with the boot select switch one way I...
  4. R

Will a Color Computer Floppy Drive work on a Model 1?

Hi Guys, I was wondering if a Color Computer Floppy Drive will work on a Model 1? Thanks, Rick
  5. R

Bringing a Model 1 back to Life after 35 years

Hi Guys, I have started a project of bring back to life (or just waking up) my Model 1 after 35 Years. A have already fixed a few issues such as: bad 2N6594 bad trace on my character generator circuit (Found with Petrofsky Help) faulty memory 2 shorted and 1 open keys on the keyboard now I...
  6. R

TRS-80 Model 1 Video Problem

Hi Guys, I am trying to resurrect my old Model 1. when I turned it on the display shows graphic blocks at each location on the screen. it does look like "MEM SIZE" is there hidden. any Ideas for where I need to look? is this a video memory issue? Rick (Sorry the image is upside down)
  7. R

How to trace/fix video RAM problems TRS-80 Model 1

Hi Guys, I am trying to bring back my old Model 1 from the dead. I have already repaired the power supply and now it boots up BUT the video is bad. it looks like the "Mem Size" it there but hidden under individual graphic blocks. would this be a memory issue? Rick
Back