• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. Mustang Matt

Anyone else building an Apple-1 ?

I have my order in with Uncle Bernie, and I got the Sprague axial caps ordered from Unicorn. It's starting to get exciting! My biggest hurdle is going to be finding a cheap keyboard. Seems like the going rate for Apple ][+ boards is $200, and older ASCII boards way more than that. I might put...
  2. Mustang Matt

Not that I've seen. The components are hard to come by these days, and there's not enough demand to have preassembled board like there was in '76. There are only a handful of people interested in recreating an Apple-1. For me, it's the draw of the unobtainable. Sure, you could buy an original...
  3. Mustang Matt

Your first Atari, and last?

My first is an 800 I picked up weeks before lockdown in 2020. It is a toss-up weather it or my Apple IIe is my favorite 8-bit computer. My most recent is a 2600jr that I picked up last year on Marketplace for $20
  4. Mustang Matt

Thank you! I currently have an Apple IIe, an Atari 800, a Laser XT IBM XT clone, and a little newer, a Packard Bell Windows 95 build. I also collect Nintendo and Atari consoles, CRT TVs and monitors, and other vintage electronics. I also have a 1975 Ford Mustang II project, hence my username.
  5. Mustang Matt

This would have been nice to know 6 hours ago lol. I'm new to the Apple-1 scene. I've been tinkering with Apple IIs for a few years now. My grandfather had bought a few Bell & Howell machines and a IIe Enhanced from a college in northern Iowa in the 90s, and I got them from him in 2019, and...
Back