• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Portuguese characters in brazilian hardware

Good news: finally, a CGA card made by Itautec surfaced. It's here with me, it's working and it's HUGE. Unfortunately, the way the sync signals are made by the card seems to be different from the IBM standard, making any CGA monitor that isn't from Itautec freak out and roll the screen over...
  2. C

I made two layouts for XKeyb that were compliant to this brazilian standard: US-International and ABNT brazilian keyboard. Unfortunately, XKeyb doesn't work in PC/XT hardware, so I need to install my Microtec EGA card in one of my 486 computers to test them. However, I think a FreeDOS support...
  3. C

Hi davide78, thanks! Well, is there a way to make new layouts for mKEYB without knowing anything about programming? 😬 I'm pretty sure that layouts using this ancient brazilian standard would be the only ones to do it. Even the brazilian DOS clones that surfaced till now don't support it. A...
  4. C

Thanks! This file came from a rather obscure CGA card made by Updating. They weren't a big player in the brazilian computer market, and the card's project surely came from a CGA/MDA chinese card. However, while the MDA characters are present in the ROM and also complies to this undocumented...
  5. C

Hi folks, good afternoon. After dealing with some brazilian CGA and EGA video cards, I discovered that most of them supports the Portuguese special characters (Ã and Õ), but the implementation is completely different of any standard. Digging into their character ROMs, I found the ALT codes that...
Back