• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Recover IDE hard drive after CMOS battery change

Thanks to all. I fixed it but not sure how. Stripped out the drives and USB'd them to another system. Also pulled the board battery again, left it for ten minutes before reinserting. Had trouble seeing the drives on the other system, used Seagate Seatools and through the pulldowns to Microsoft...
  2. G

Thanks for help. I have posted the BIOS number above. AMIBIOS 1992 vers 1.00.06.CB0. The problem is the bios not being able to autodetect the drives. I will pull the drives, find the details for manual setup, and copy the drive contents before going further. This will tell if the drives are...
  3. G

Ta to all. AMIBIOS 1992 vers 1.00.06.CB0 0049152 KB Keyboard detected Floppy A: Installed Insert bootable media in the appropriate drive(flashing cursor) BIOS set to hard drive autodetect Says “not installed”
  4. G

Sorry to ask an oldy, but my memory is not what it was. I have an old Viglen work computer, early Pentium chip. The CMOS battery expired, and after changing, the usual problem. On switching on, the BIOS has been reset, and it no longer detects the IDE hard drives. I really need the machine up in...
Back