• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. T

Expansion Cards for Data General One Laptop

Hi I got hold of a Data General One Model 2. Most Model 2s have LCD but mine has a electroluminescent screen which makes it very special. I would love add to its functionality by adding expansion cards e.g. EGA adapter or even sound cards. Unfortunately expansion slots use a proprietary...
  2. T

386 DX-33 detected as 16 Mhz

Hi A while ago I acquired this 386/486 motherboard not posting described in this post https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/weird-short-on-386-486-motherboard.1244159/#post-1330446. I replaced the system chipset of the board and now it boots with a 486 DX 33 with no issue. However with a...
  3. T

Weird short on 386/486 motherboard

Hi everyone, I recently pick up a non working 386/486 motherboard model Elitegroup US3486 FX3000. First attempt to turn it on, pico PSU did not power on due to a short on 5v rail. Multimeter confirmed short with <10 ohm resistance. When I remove the CPU however the short is gone and PSU turns...
  4. T

VIC20 garbled screen but works

Hi everyone, I recently bought a VIC-20 and left it running overnight of course with the power supply of death! In morning, it was showing the garble screen and when I turned it off and on; the power led didn't turn on! I switched to another supply and it showed the garble screen below. I...
  5. T

CBM 8032 software mod 40 column screen too small

Hello everyone, I recently fixed a broken 8032 PET by replacing its CRTC with Rockwell R6545-1P. This PET is 80 columns by default so I decided to use cbm4032 any hz.prg to soft mod it to 40 columns. The 40 columns work but screen is too small, is this expected? I understand if pixel size...
  6. T

CBM 8032 with RAM board and Spacemaker II chirps but no picture

Hello everyone, I recently purchased the CBM 8032 in photo, the seller mentioned that it would chirp sound but nothing displayed. It comes with commodore 64K ram board and Spacemaker II rom selector. Some of pins on Spacemaker remote control header are connected to RAM expansion header, it is...
Back