• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. R

New 80286 design ATX form factor mainboard in prototype concept phase - now published on GitHub as a preview

Hello everyone, After starting work on it by starting the initial research almost a year ago, my project is now in prototype phase, the PCBs have been ordered. Next step is to build and test the first revision mainboard. So currently the project is untested and only a first concept. I have...
  2. R

Most advanced BIOS that works on a IBM 5150 to support the cassette interface

Hello everyone, I am working on a project to recreate the IBM 5150 in a more expanded modern form, similar to my other projects. This project will be done by my daughter so I am using this as an educational CAD design example. The reason why I am especially interested in this 5150 Personal...
  3. R

ATX Turbo XT mainboard project revision 3 - now released on GitHub

Hello everyone, A while ago I designed and built Revision 3 of my ATX Turbo XT mainboard. If anyone is interested, you can check out my designs on GitHub. Please read all the information I have provided carefully first if interested, before deciding to build this project for yourself. I made a...
  4. R

The NCR Decision Mate V - what is the usability and limit of this system?

Hello everyone, In a recent Ebay buy I got some "mysterious" PCBs included, as I found a 8237 DMA controller combined with a Z80 CPU in the auction photos. I was thinking, what's up with that?! After some research I found that these PCBs are from the NCR Decision Mate V computer. When I saw...
  5. R

Project to create an ATX 80286 mainboard based on the IBM 5170

Hello everyone, I am preparing my project to recreate a discrete 80286 AT PC based loosely on the IBM 5170. I want to design an ATX form factor and ATX PSU powered 80286 mainboard which has an integrated design for the usual interfaces such as floppy drive, IDE, serial, parallel, LAN, SCSI...
  6. R

Discrete AT clone ATX mainboard project

Hello everyone, After completing my third revision Turbo XT clone ATX mainboard I feel I would like to move on to an AT mainboard design. The main reason is that the Turbo XT while a really great and reliable and extremely versatile PC,, and though I really love it, it does still have its...
Back