• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. skate323k137

Announcing ZuluIDE - an ATAPI CD-ROM and Removable (read-write) media emulator

If and when proper DVD support is finished, there will be an immediate demand for these from arcade operators. Systems like the namco 256 keep [IDE] optical discs spinning all the time, in unfriendly environments, but are still in use. Along these lines, in an already real world example, I would...
  2. skate323k137

Pacific Northwest ***WANTED MACINTOSH SE***

I may be able to do that for the double floppy SE I have, the CRT on it is super clean, and since it's not recapped and upgraded that may be a reasonable price, less freight. If you would like, I can get that one out for photos.
  3. skate323k137

Midwest FS: West MI, Apple II+, Apple II Cards, other systems

Hey all, Looking to see if anyone here in west MI is interested in a II+ or one of my other systems. I sadly need to thin the herd a little bit, but if would be cool to see some of these go to good homes. First up I have a II+, which has a new reactive micro PSU within the last 2-3 years, and...
  4. skate323k137

Pacific Northwest ***WANTED MACINTOSH SE***

What is your budget and are you willing to cover the cost to ship? I can double box etc., but I am in MI so it's a ways. I have 2 spare SE's though. One is very loaded out, one is functional and could use an owner who wants to do the work. Mac SE Yellowed case, but Fully recapped in 2018...
  5. skate323k137

Jason Scott's VCF Donation

Honestly, this is the point in the thread that puts it in perspective IMHO.
  6. skate323k137

resurrecting/upgrading power mac 7500/100

Are you in the US? I have a fully working (last I checked, a couple years) parts 7500/100. The original owner painted it purple, hastily, but the actual board, memory, etc is all fine.
  7. skate323k137

resurrecting/upgrading power mac 7500/100

It's been a moment since I restored mine but I seem to remember holding a reset button for about a second every time I make any changes to the machine, before powering it on. Much more about it here though https://68kmla.org/bb/index.php?threads/powermac-7500-100-dead.19371/
  8. skate323k137

Did MacOS ever have any sort of scripting ability?

My mind starts to wonder into what you could do with the HFS (presumably) volume on other systems, i.e. Basilisk II or HFS Explorer. But if you could script it within Basilisk you could script it on the machine, though, probably infinitely faster in basilisk...
  9. skate323k137

IRC on Vintage Hardware

Spectrum is great for the IIgs
  10. skate323k137

Midwest WTS: Atari 800 Mechanical Keyboard

Something like this for a 65XE would be amazing. Congrats on your builds.
  11. skate323k137

Midwest FS: GGLabs Apple II SCSI card w/free BlueSCSI

This was my spare, I am keeping my primary; this one is long gone. Feel free to drop me a PM if this does not cover your questions, but basically, as long as the logic ICs are happy in a IIe it should work as an autoboot device in slot7. On IIgs I use it in slot1 as a bridge device almost...
  12. skate323k137

Midwest FS: GGLabs Apple II SCSI card w/free BlueSCSI

Card is sold. Note for future: I had only tested the card with IIgs, with IIe, it did not work at first. The person who got this card from me was very patient while I sorted this issue with my own identical card. For IIe issues, GGLabs suggested I check the 74LS245, to ensure it was LS series...
  13. skate323k137

WTB: Working Apple Lisa

IIRC there were sites that would do this, but IMO it also opens up worse opportunities for shill bidders.
  14. skate323k137

The curse of fake parts out of China.

This is covered a bit in the first link, fake test results / certification
  15. skate323k137

The curse of fake parts out of China.

I am reminded of this document which was presented at a NEPP Electronics Technology Workshop, after a 2009 story about NASA getting counterfeit parts. There is a lot of good information in here with photos regarding blacktopping / remarking, die examination, counterfeiting trends (up to 2010...
  16. skate323k137

Wipe admin password in XP but only via floppy?

I used to use this in web hosting all the time many moons ago, if a customer or employee was thoroughly locked out of a system. We had one recurring group of professional spammers who would purchase windows servers, load everything into a truecrypt volume, change admin to lock us out, and spam...
  17. skate323k137

Why does building something from Github have to be in a "secret" language and needlessly archaic with no real instructions?

Often in github, even deleted files are in the history of branches, it depends. When you make a 'commit' (even deleting files), you're supposed to enter text / a message explaining the change. I usually make sure to do a 'git pull' of the project to a local directory whenever I start working...
  18. skate323k137

Z80 RC2014 Pro / RomWBW build, w/Digital IO, YM2149, Floppy controller, and more.

I upgraded my RomWBW version on this machine to 3.4.0 which was just recently released. Previously I used 3.0.1. https://github.com/wwarthen/RomWBW/releases/tag/v3.4.0 Lots of features are in the change log on the Github for RomWBW. It's beyond impressive; over 100 lines of features and fixes...
  19. skate323k137

14:03 / 16:50 The Rise of Unix. The Seeds of its Fall.

I use a Mac mini for our entertainment center, quite fond of it.
Back