• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. jon1967us

Uploading a text file for MBASIC

Adding the ",A" to a SAVE still didn't fix the problem of files having no data in CPM3, at least on my machine. I AM running an IDE / CF card as my drive. I don't know if this has anything to do with it. I think CPM sees the IDE as an HD?
  2. jon1967us

Uploading a text file for MBASIC

I have a similar problem in CPM3. Even if I type out the program in MBASIC and go to save it to the local directory it saves the FILENAME.BAS but there's nothing in it when I try to LOAD -> LIST it.
  3. jon1967us

Issues reading recent burned CDs on old Power PC

Timo, it's the caddy version drive. The one that comes out. Can you recommend cheap or freeware software to be able to control the burn speed? I just used my Powerbook's system software by option clicking on a file and choosing "burn CD" Any recommendations on a drive replacement or could I use...
  4. jon1967us

Issues reading recent burned CDs on old Power PC

I have a 6100/66 that I am trying to get software on. When I burn a CD on a modern Mac, using an LG DVD/CD burner reading the CD on the 6100 causes the system to freeze. Is there a workable hardware/software setup to be able to do this? Am I pursuing the most efficient method for transfer of...
  5. jon1967us

Vector Graphic Vector 4 restoration

I looked through the V4 technical manual and couldn't find anything. This is the closest I could find to it. https://www.globalindustrial.com/p/replacement-lock-and-keys-for-counter-top-crt-security-computer-cabinet-rp9012
  6. jon1967us

@ejona Just wanted to say thanks for the helpful hints and the Python script. I successfully converted a few VGIs with it and dropped them on to a 4.7 flashed Gotek which worked beautifully on my V4. Looking forward to playing with the new software and games!
  7. jon1967us

So I recorded the demo the other day here if it's something you're interested in getting the image of, I'm happy to give it to you. We need to figure out how to do that though, since there's no kermit or Flop2PC on the disk. I have a Gotek on the way. I was planning on it being the sole drive...
  8. jon1967us

I'm going to try your method too. I have a few original hard sector floppies with CP/m and Demo but I am curious about some of these other disks, like DOS, Wordstar and the games. BTW, did your Tandons fail? My A drive works fine, but B keeps throwing a drive not ready message.
  9. jon1967us

MITS Programming System II and Turnkey System?

I'm trying to load the PS2 onto an Icom Attache with a turnkey and ACR boards. The Turnkey board has the UBMON and MBL roms. It seems like entering the bootloader in the PS2 manual is unnecessary given it's on the MBL, but when I try to load with the MBL at 177000, at the end of the load it...
  10. jon1967us

I have a V4 as well that I'm restoring. It says VSG on the front and has two drives and the same FDC as described above. I'm trying to get the dead power supply and CRT going. Does anybody know if the drives and controller would work in a Vector 1 system?
  11. jon1967us

Looking for a transformer compatible with an Altair 8800b linear PSU

Thanks, Mike. Glitch miraculously had a spare and shipped that monster out to me. Luckily, the rest of the power supply seems to have held up, so it was just a matter of making the Molex connector and carefully reconnecting all the other leads. I gradually brought it back up on a isolation...
  12. jon1967us

I’ll take the 8800b, just for authenticity’s sake. I’ll email you. This is Jon, btw, the guy with the Vector ZCB. Thanks
  13. jon1967us

The B used a beefier PSU than the A. I’m pretty sure both PSUs would work in either machine though. The transformer would need to handle 30A for the +8 and approx 2-3A for +/- 16.
  14. jon1967us

Well, I have switching power supplies that should work well in this application, should I not be able to locate a replacement transformer. My preference would be to keep things as original as possible
  15. jon1967us

I thought I'd give the forum a shout to see if by some stretch of luck someone may have a spare. My system is only missing the transformer, which was removed by a previous owner. Otherwise, I plan to convert the PSU to switching supply units. I suppose I could cannibalize a "spare" Northstar...
  16. jon1967us

North Star / Disk Data Format / Horizon vs. Advantage

I have an MDS-AD2. I wonder if it would work with the Teac. I think Mike Douglas mentioned these less expensive, more reliable drives in one of his videos. I have 2 Horizons, btw, both with the ROM mods and VSGs in them. One is an early 80's DS+HD the other is a 70's single SS drive. The latter...
  17. jon1967us

North Star / Disk Data Format / Horizon vs. Advantage

So, if I understood, you initially used the DREM and now use the TEAC or COPAL? What controller do you use with the TEAC and do you use a virtual sector generator?
  18. jon1967us

Announcing New VDM-1 Reproduction

Happened to come across this thread, belatedly, in researching the VDM. I acquired a Vector 1 that contained the TDL SMB and ZPU boards, a VDM, and a few memory. I'm trying to guess what the setup on this particular computer must've been, 45 years ago. Maybe a Teletype was connected into the...
Back